Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Wind (Idiot) Power

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:29:21 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 07:00:38 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Interesting. Haven't checked all the facts yet.

http://funkyimg.com/i/2MdxT.jpg

(Mainly a test of my new image display link - thanks to Luddite.)

===

Unfortunately I believe the assertion with that picture is total BS.
It's my understanding that a typical wind mill produces the same
electrical power as a 2,000 horsepower diesel generator that would
burn approximately 100 gallons of diesel fuel per hour, 2400 gallons
per day. Thats 876,000 gallons per year, enough diesel fuel to fill
a mile of railroad tanker cars - way more than would be needed to
produce the steel in the windmill.

Some of the fake news floating around about wind power is just
astounding and makes me wonder who is behind it and why. I suppose
the usual suspects would be the petro industry.

Haven't checked those facts either.

Another idiot... HK General 0 June 25th 09 10:05 PM
Power sailor to wind sailor Two meter troll Cruising 43 March 23rd 07 11:32 AM
Solar and Wind power Info. Mic Cruising 1 February 4th 06 11:52 PM
Idiot #2 Bobsprit ASA 2 June 26th 04 02:19 AM
Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power Zeki Gunay Electronics 1 August 7th 03 05:24 PM