Default Wind (Idiot) Power

wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 15:02:15 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 03:10:43 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 00:38:06 -0000 (UTC), Bill

If the PoCo is paying you full retail for the power, the rest of the
customer base is subsidizing your panels.
Typical regressive democrat thinking. Tell poor people you are looking
out for them, then use their money to subsidize a guy rich enough to
cough up 30 grand. The fair price would be the interchange rate at
that time of day, not the retail rate.

The power is really generated during Peak Pricing time. So it is really
sold at time of day rate. I doubt the panels are productive at 3am even
with a street light by my house.

The problem is they are also paying you for their infrastructure. The
actual value of the electricity is far less than the retail price. In
most places where they don't have a regressive plan like yours they
only reimburse the value of the electricity they sell you, at the same
rate they would pay any other supplier.

We pay a $10 a month line fee to the power company.

That sounds like the franchise fee.

This is my bill with the line items described

NEW CHARGES
Rate:RS-1 RESIDENTIAL SERVICE

Customer charge:$7.98

A fixed monthly amount to cover
the cost of the meter, billing and providing customer
service. It is applicable whether or not electricity is used
in a given month.

Non-fuelFirst 1000 kWh at $0.063990)
$143.33
(Over 1000 kWh at $0.074150)

Non-fuel charge*
includes:
Base energy charge:
The costs other than fuel to
produce and deliver electricity, including the cost of
operating power plants and maintaining the grid.
»
Energy Conservation Cost Recovery (ECCR) Charge:
Cost of programs designed to reduce electric demand
and consumption.
»
Capacity Cost Recovery Clause (CCRC):
Cost for
purchasing electricity from non-FPL owned resources
as well as certain nuclear-related expenses.
»
Environmental Cost Recovery Clause (ECRC):
Cost to meet environmental laws and regulations.

FuelFirst 1000 kWh at $0.022930)
$58.17
(Over 1000 kWh at $0.032930)

Fuel charge
includes:
The cost for fuel required to
provide each kilowatt-hour (kWh) of electricity.

Electric service amount 209.48

Storm charge 2.57
Storm charge*
Used to repay the bonds issued during the
2004 and 2005 hurricane restoration efforts and to partially
replenish the storm damage reserve fund for future storms.

Franchise charge 10.07
Franchise charge*:
FPL competes with municipalities
and county governments for the right to serve electric
customers. If a local government chooses, it can enter
into a contract with FPL that enables the government
to charge residents a contractual amount, the franchise
fee, in exchange for its agreement to not form an
electric utility for the term of the franchise.

Gross receipts tax 5.44

Taxes and charges 18.08

Does not look like solar would pay in Florida. Here, the cheapest rate is
the nighttime off peak of $0.123 and peak of $0.43.
I am an EV1 plan now.

https://www.pge.com/tariffs/index.page

I just looked and my rate this summer is better than I thought
Total bill/KWH ends up being less than 11 cents.
$227.56 / 2070kwh = 10.99 cents Sept
$225.49 / 2103kwh = 10.72 cents Aug

Not worth going to solar with your rates. Ours are high and going higher.
Last big fire in the North Bay they law says the utility is on the hook
for all the damages as there may have been a fire caused by downed power
lines. Not the fact, there was 24 hours of 70 mile an hour winds, and
nobody seems to,trim their trees, or build is the middle of brush land.

Another idiot... HK General 0 June 25th 09 10:05 PM
Power sailor to wind sailor Two meter troll Cruising 43 March 23rd 07 12:32 PM
Solar and Wind power Info. Mic Cruising 1 February 5th 06 12:52 AM
Idiot #2 Bobsprit ASA 2 June 26th 04 02:19 AM
Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power Zeki Gunay Electronics 1 August 7th 03 05:24 PM