Default Made a flight reservation for this weekend...

And I am pumped about it!

http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

They'll be at a event at Owens Field in Columbia this weekend to raise money for Camp Kemo. There are only 15 B-17's left in airworthy condition, and it'll be amazing to get a ride in one.

Its Me wrote:
And I am pumped about it!

http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

They'll be at a event at Owens Field in Columbia this weekend to raise
money for Camp Kemo. There are only 15 B-17's left in airworthy
condition, and it'll be amazing to get a ride in one.

Buddy is involved with the Collins wings of freedom tour. Arranges the
Livermore event. Says it is pretty cool to have time in his log book on
B-17 and B-25.

On 10/17/2018 2:54 PM, Its Me wrote:

And I am pumped about it!

http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

They'll be at a event at Owens Field in Columbia this weekend to raise money for Camp Kemo. There are only 15 B-17's left in airworthy condition, and it'll be amazing to get a ride in one.

There is another group ... the Collins Foundation ... that tours the USA
with a B-17, a B-24, a B-25 and a Mustang P-51. They were just at the
little municipal airport near where I live last month.

The rides in the B-17 and B-24 are fairly reasonable because they can
carry several passengers who share the operating cost. But the one I
wanted a ride in was the P-51 Mustang but not enough for the $2,800 cost
for half an hour.

On 10/17/2018 4:27 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/17/2018 2:54 PM, Its Me wrote:

And I am pumped about it!

http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

They'll be at a event at Owens Field in Columbia this weekend to raise
money for Camp Kemo.Â* There are only 15 B-17's left in airworthy
condition, and it'll be amazing to get a ride in one.

There is another group ... the Collins Foundation ... that tours the USA
with a B-17, a B-24, a B-25 and a Mustang P-51.Â* They were just at the
little municipal airport near where I live last month.

The rides in the B-17 and B-24 are fairly reasonable because they can
carry several passengers who share the operating cost.Â* But the one I
wanted a ride in was the P-51 Mustang but not enough for the $2,800 cost
for half an hour.

Forgot link:

https://www.collingsfoundation.org/

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 4:28:00 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/17/2018 2:54 PM, Its Me wrote:

And I am pumped about it!

http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

They'll be at a event at Owens Field in Columbia this weekend to raise money for Camp Kemo. There are only 15 B-17's left in airworthy condition, and it'll be amazing to get a ride in one.

There is another group ... the Collins Foundation ... that tours the USA
with a B-17, a B-24, a B-25 and a Mustang P-51. They were just at the
little municipal airport near where I live last month.

The rides in the B-17 and B-24 are fairly reasonable because they can
carry several passengers who share the operating cost. But the one I
wanted a ride in was the P-51 Mustang but not enough for the $2,800 cost
for half an hour.

Ouch. I'd love a ride in a P-51, but that's pretty steep. One seat on the B-17 is $450, but they carry 9 at a time. They do let you roam around the plane to take pictures out of the gun turrets, and it lasts 30 minutes.

A couple of years ago my wife and I went up in a 1942 Waco biplane down in Key West. That was a blast. We sat up front, and the pilot sat in the rear flying and talking to us. The guy was good, I could barely feel the wheels touch down when we landed. If I remember correctly it was $300 for 20 minutes.

On 10/17/2018 4:44 PM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

I took a bunch of pictures but I'll be dipped if I can find the folder
on this computer where I saved them. Found one so far:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2McLd.jpg

Best on I have is of a group standing around an old guy in a leather
jacket and Army Air Force hat. He was a WWII pilot of a B-17 and was
answering questions about what it was like.

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

And I am pumped about it!

http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

They'll be at a event at Owens Field in Columbia this weekend to raise money for Camp Kemo. There are only 15 B-17's left in airworthy condition, and it'll be amazing to get a ride in one.

That would be a kick in the ass! Hope you have a great time.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Wife gave me an hour in a T-6 Texan. Got an education in loops and rolls.
I got to do some loops and rolls under the pilots guidance. Wife has
gifted me some great stuff over the years.

On 10/17/2018 5:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

More power to ya! First time I did a power on stall in a Cessna, the
first two words out of my mouth were, "Oh, ****!" as the airplane
fell over on it's tail at 4,000'.

I'd never would have made it as a pilot in the Navy. Straight and level
for me.

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 5:53:31 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Nearly 20 years ago the company owner's son gave me a call on Sunday morning saying that he "Needed a victim". We went to the local airport and went up in a Zlin, a 2 seater side-by-side fully aerobatic plane the father had bought. They had both had lessons so we strapped on single use chutes, buckled down in 5 point harnesses, and went up. A few loops, rolls and hammerheads later, he did a couple of stall/spins. The first was OK, but on the second he let it tighten up for about 4-5 rotations before recovering. We pulled -1.5 and +3 G's. The plane was rated for -3/+6. We saw "sparkles". He got queasy, so we went back. That was a blast!

Witty Flight Attendant John H[_2_] General 0 January 13th 18 01:14 PM
RC B-29 Flight Poquito Loco General 20 July 12th 14 11:34 PM
Heros of flight 1594 nockers Tall Ship Photos 0 January 19th 09 01:04 AM
Flying Pig's first Test Flight Skip Gundlach Boat Building 0 January 7th 07 04:41 AM
Pre-flight check Tip Simple Simon ASA 18 August 20th 03 12:44 AM