Default Gulf Coast...

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:24:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/10/18 11:36 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 01:34:36 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 10/10/18 5:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/10/2018 12:44 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/10/18 12:38 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 09:08:51 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

...being slammed by a result of global warming, a concept denied by the
ignorant, intellectually lazy, coal baron wannabe in the White House.

Yeah, we never had hurricanes before 1/20/2017, That *******!

No surprise you and your fellow Trumpsters are ignoring what the
climate scientists are saying. Oh, wait...because of your high
school diploma, coast guard training, career as an IBM whatever you
did, and local building inspector, you know more than they do. I get
it. And, of course, there is your undeniable expertise on mental
illnesses.

I don't think anyone questions climate change. It has changed many,
many times since the birth of planet Earth.

The question is how much have we contributed to the current cycle of
global warming. The bigger question is what makes some think we can do
anything about it.

The overwhelming majority of scientists who know about climate change
say we can slow down global warming, if not reverse it. Slowing it down
is important.

Where is it written?

What kind of “Scientists”? Hard science or liberal Arts degrees?

That is true, when they show us a list of the "scientists" who sign
these things, very few are climatologists.

More of a scientist than you are, eh?

I doubt that quack, Dr Oz, has spent more time reading about this than
I have but he is on the list of "scientists".
You can't even flaunt your education here because when you went to
college CO2 was "that harmless gas in soda pop" or so the ads said
when the "scientists" were selling us catalytic converters.
In fact the common theme throughout all of these crusades has been
"oil is evil". They just can't make up their mind why.
I assume some day they will find a real replacement for oil and gas
but so far, they aren't even close. For the most part they are just
moving the "tail pipe" far enough down the road that you can't see it
from their house.
Nuclear is probably the ultimate solution for large scale carbon free
energy production but the scare mongers have made it politically
unavailable.
I know we hear about accidents but far more people are killed or
injured in wind farm accidents in one year than in the whole history
of nuclear power plant operation.

http://www.caithnesswindfarms.co.uk/graph.jpg

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:03:32 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:24:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That's a very good point. Hadn't realized that at all.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:00:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

If you feel a need to debate at least get your facts straight, huh?

That is the real reason why Harry says he won't debate.
Them facts is hard to get. ;-)

If he just slings insults based on his bigotry, he doesn't need to be
right.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 13:24:27 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

True North wrote:
The John flushes...
"If and when you ever get your RV, and if you go to a campground in it,*
you'll see what I mean. Check out Shubie Park Campground. Plenty of hiking opportunities."

I may as well camp in my back yard as go to Shubie Campground. Too close to home.
Better to go up to the Inverness area of Cape Breton just below the Cabot Trail.
Speaking of trails...they had to close the Skyline Trail (on the Cabot
Trail) this week. Seems the Moose were getting a bit rambunctious.

Were the moose being forced to listen to bluegrass twangers?

No, a Trudeau speech.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:12:55 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:03:32 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:24:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Wind is far from the benign thing people want you to believe. Audubon
hates them. (too many birds turned into burger)
There is also a big NIMBY problem. You just have to look at all of
those rich democrats in Massachusetts who blocked "Cape Wind" to see
that.

wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:03:32 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:24:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

All the nature people were upset about the Altamont wind farms. To many
raptors being minced. Since the wind farms are pretty much open land, the
rodents are happy, and the raptors who feed on them hunt by the windmills.
Most of the old turbines have been replaced with the huge 300’ diameter
blade units. Turn slower, so less slicing and dicing.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 22:09:39 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:03:32 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:24:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

===

Denmark, Sweden and Norway are way ahead of us in the use of wind
power and you hear no griping about it. They seem rather proud of it
actually. The wind farms are quite picturesque in a way, not
objectionable at all in my mind. And they certainly have much less
enviromental impact than hydropower

wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:03:32 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:24:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Actually, there is growing opposition to wind farms in all three
countries you mentioned. In Sweden new wind farm construction has
dropped off significantly in the past 3-4 years because it's cost is no
longer competitive with other energy sources plus citizens are opposed
to any more turbines, especially off-shore construction.

Denmark is similar in citizen opposition to more wind farms. One
of the reasons is that they feel they were "duped" into believing
that a reasonable number of farms could satisfy energy needs. Turns
out not to be the case ... more and more farms are required and
opposition is growing.

Norway is starting to experience opposition to more wind farms
for similar reasons as Sweden and Denmark.

Weather check - gulf coast cavelamb Cruising 12 July 2nd 10 04:27 AM
Gulf Coast Oyster Report Joe ASA 0 November 24th 05 01:31 AM
Thinking of the Gulf coast Old Boat Goat General 0 August 29th 05 03:41 AM
Good Luck to Folks on the Gulf Coast *JimH* General 0 June 11th 05 12:59 AM
Gulf Coast Filters North Stand ASA 5 January 20th 04 07:24 PM