Default Tiger is in the hunt.

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 06:16:10 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 22:33:23 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:32:11 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 15:15:09 -0400,
wrote:

Currently 5 strokes ahead of Rose in the final round.
These greens are tricking everyone. Nobody seems to believe the break
and they are all coming in low. Rory was lost in the forest when I
left so his #3 spot is probably in trouble. Off for a boat ride, see
ya later.

He did it. Good on him! I had tears in my eyes. So proud of that guy. He's done a hell of a lot for
the game of golf.

It took me a while to explain to Judy how he won the championship and
lost the Fed Ex cup.
It was pretty close right there at the end and nobody was rooting for
Tiger more than Rose ;-)

I do wonder, is Atlanta tilted or something? Nobody was reading those
greens and virtually all of them underestimated the break. Damn near
every miss, came in low on the hole. Rory seemed to be the only one
coming in high but he also came in 7 or 8 strokes off the pace. It
must be hard playing with another guy who is not in the game. Rose and
Tiger would have been a better match but that wasn't how they ended up
yesterday.
Rose did get a heluva lucky break on 18. They called it the 10 million
dollar bounce. He might have been able to get down in 2 from the
bunker but it was a lot easier on the green.

It's funny because that is usually referred to as an 'amateur' mistake - underestimating the break
and the ball going below the hole - misread of the break or not enough speed. But, if it misses over
the top, because of too much speed, then it may run a long way.

I usually expect pros to adjust better. I agree they were usually a
tap in away. The only really ugly shot I saw was air mailing the ball
out of the trap, over the green and 30 yards up the fairway.

wrote:

[...]

There were a lot of comments by the announcers on the difficulty of the pin placements out there.

wrote:

[...]

Yeah but I have heard a lot about that lately. Didn't seem to bother
the field tho. If you weren't under par you didn't even make the
second page of the leader board

On the hunt. [email protected] General 6 July 19th 17 05:47 PM
The hunt goes on Justan Olphart[_2_] General 42 May 16th 16 11:27 PM
That pig cannot hunt Actual Boater General 0 September 17th 08 03:01 PM
OT : That Dog Don't Hunt thunder General 30 October 20th 04 03:09 PM
(OT) The fox hunt Jim General 31 July 15th 04 06:13 PM