Default Force 125

I have a force 125hp. Im thinking about putting it on a 1989 searay. Is there anything holding me back from doing so?

wrote:
I have a force 125hp. Im thinking about putting it on a 1989 searay. Is
there anything holding me back from doing so?

If the motor runs and the boat is sea worthy, nope.

Tim Tim is offline

3:19 PMWayne.B
===

I assumed from his question that either he doesn't know about capacity
plates or the boat doesn't have one for some reason. Do you know what
year they became required?

I just thought he wondered if he could do it. Yes is the answer. I can set a Cummins diesel on a rocky ng horse for that matter. Of course the end results might not be as if wished though...

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 17:41:14 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 8/3/2018 4:19 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 13:55:25 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 06:48:47 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 20:17:14 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have a force 125hp. Im thinking about putting it on a 1989 searay. Is there anything holding me back from doing so

===

My advice would be to check with the manufacturer.

http://www.searay.com/page.aspx/pageid/162289/Owners-Resources.aspx#Resources

I suppose he could start by looking at the capacity plate on the boat.
Since he didn't say what size it was, a 125 might be too heavy.
I would be more concerned about the condition of the motor. Force had
lots of problems. I am a little surprised that one is still around and
running.

===

I assumed from his question that either he doesn't know about capacity
plates or the boat doesn't have one for some reason. Do you know what
year they became required?

U.S. Coast Guard Federal Boat Safety Act of 1971. Boats less than 20
feet powered with an inboard, outboard, or stern drive engine
manufactured after November 1, 1972, must display a capacity plate
defining the safe load limits.

The "capacity" is number of people or total pounds including gas and engine.

Max HP for engines applies only to boats powered with outboards.

Florida also has an interesting spin on that. You can take the
capacity plate off as soon as you drive out of the dealership that had
the certificate of origin. It is not required for subsequent sales.
Whether the USCG could still screw with you is conjecture. On the real
boat group this has been discussed many times. It usually gets to "I
knew a guy ..."

The *NEW* Air Force One Tim General 7 December 12th 08 12:21 AM
Force 125 o/b won't start [email protected] General 5 July 24th 06 11:52 PM
Force Help Please? buggrn 74 General 4 July 4th 04 09:07 PM
Force Lekaing Oil Bob La Londe General 8 March 20th 04 02:44 AM
Air Force Sails Hmseconomy Cruising 4 November 20th 03 09:54 PM