Default DHS Chief on now ....

I wish I had recorded what she just said and explained.

She clearly explained what the federal law is and what federal courts
ruled regarding illegals.

First ... and this is important ... those arriving and seeking
asylum are *not* ... repeat ... *not* being held as illegals.
She explained that's because they have not broken any laws.
Those people or families with kids are *not* being detained
or separated.

Harry and BAO ... you should read that again.

As for others who illegally cross the border and are caught,
they are the ones being legally detained because the broke the law.
They are separated temporarily (no more than 72 hours)
from kids (if they have any).

The kids put into the detention centers under the Department
of Health and Human Services care. While there they are
regarded as "unaccompanied", just like those who arrived
by themselves.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:32:41 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

Thanks. Might as well hear it from me, 'cause it's for damn sure you won't hear it from BAO or fat
boy.

On 6/18/2018 5:32 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I wish I had recorded what she just said and explained.

She clearly explained what the federal law is and what federal courts
ruled regarding illegals.

First ... and this is important ... those arriving and seeking
asylum are *not* ... repeat ... *not* being held as illegals.
She explained that's because they have not broken any laws.
Those people or families with kids are *not* being detained
or separated.

Harry and BAO ... you should read that again.

As for others who illegally cross the border and are caught,
they are the ones being legally detained because the broke the law.
They are separated temporarily (no more than 72 hours)
from kids (if they have any).

The kids put into the detention centers under the Department
of Health and Human Services care.Â* While there they are
regarded as "unaccompanied",Â* just like those who arrived
by themselves.

Followup ...

She also explained that people seeking asylum are required to
come to a Point of Entry and declare. They can't sneak over
the border and then request asylum. By sneaking over the border
they have broken the law.

She indicated that due to maxed out resources to house, feed and care
for all those legally seeking asylum they are sometimes asked to
return at a later date when facilities become available.

It's not them being detained. It's the ones that illegally enter
and caught who are arrested, detained for a immigration court
appearance and separated from their kids ... again for no longer
that 72 hours by law ... during that process.

She also added that the number of illegal entries that are the
result of smugglers or otherwise enter under false pretenses
has risen almost exponentially.

In article ,
says...

[...]

Sorry I don't have the clear eyes right now for reading those
"technicalities."
Too busy crying as CNN plays the recordings of little kids
wailing and crying for their mommies and daddies.
Thanks President Trump! I knew you could do it!
I knew you could turn the American Dream into the American
Nightmare for the kids.

On 6/18/18 5:32 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I wish I had recorded what she just said and explained.

She clearly explained what the federal law is and what federal courts
ruled regarding illegals.

Please. Kirstjen Nielsen is nothing more than an apologist and flunky
who got chewed out by the Bloviating ******* Trump and learned her lesson.

On 6/18/2018 6:21 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Give me a break, will you?

Wipe your eyes and read the technicalities. The kids crying are
not the kids of parents seeking asylum. Those kids aren't there.

On 6/18/2018 6:25 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 6/18/18 5:32 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I wish I had recorded what she just said and explained.

She clearly explained what the federal law is and what federal courts
ruled regarding illegals.

Please. Kirstjen Nielsen is nothing more than an apologist and flunky
who got chewed out by the Bloviating ******* Trump and learned her lesson.

Weep me the big tears like BAO.

Everything she said was factual.

Why don't you start trying to influence your party to join
with the Republicans in Congress and fix this problem instead
of bitching about those who are trying despite the obstructionist
policy of your party?

This is bull**** and people aren't fools. This is going to
backfire on the Dems in November unless they start doing
what they are paid to do.

"They are separating families seeking asylum".

That was your cry the other day. It's bull****.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:46:01 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Followup ...

She also explained that people seeking asylum are required to
come to a Point of Entry and declare. They can't sneak over
the border and then request asylum. By sneaking over the border
they have broken the law.

I already said that to BAO but I haven't seen his reply.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:21:03 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

I bet Kathleen Manafort wishes her family was together too.