John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default DHS Chief on now ....

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:32:41 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

I wish I had recorded what she just said and explained.

She clearly explained what the federal law is and what federal courts
ruled regarding illegals.

First ... and this is important ... those arriving and seeking
asylum are *not* ... repeat ... *not* being held as illegals.
She explained that's because they have not broken any laws.
Those people or families with kids are *not* being detained
or separated.

Harry and BAO ... you should read that again.

As for others who illegally cross the border and are caught,
they are the ones being legally detained because the broke the law.
They are separated temporarily (no more than 72 hours)
from kids (if they have any).

The kids put into the detention centers under the Department
of Health and Human Services care. While there they are
regarded as "unaccompanied", just like those who arrived
by themselves.

Thanks. Might as well hear it from me, 'cause it's for damn sure you won't hear it from BAO or fat
boy.