Default Stupid Boat Question

When I purchased by used Forester Phantom, the previous owner had
managed to find some pontoon seats that fit perfectly inside the back of
the boat. They added an element of storage as well.

I've gotten to the point where I'm spending more time actually fishing
with friends than lounging about entertaining on my boat, and I'd to
pull those giant pontoon seats out and replace them with something more
space efficient so I can have a cooler and decent tackle box that I
don't have to trip over.

However, I'd like to locate a replacement "curtain" for the engine
compartment. The snaps are still in place from the original. The
problem is, I have no idea what they are actually called, so it makes it
a bit hard to search for them. To clarify, I'm talking about the bit
of cloth (or whatever) that would snap into place across the width of
the boat that would hide the battery, cables and gas tank.

So, that's my stupid question: What is that stupid "curtain" called?

Thanks!

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 18:37:59 -0500, "Ryan P."
wrote:

[...]

Dunno what you call it but I would just buy some vinyl and a small can
of HH66 cement to seam it with and some snaps.
https://www.tarpsupply.com/coated-vi...d-fabrics.html

The HH66 is a contact cement and once it sets up, you will rip the
material before it lets go.

[...]

I'd take a picture, some measurements and some canvas to a shoe repair shop. They can do things you
and I dream of.

John H. wrote:
[...]

Any upholstery shop could build you one. Especially one that does boat
canvas.

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 16:21:26 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

That Vinyl I linked is cheap enough that you could screw a couple up
learning the trick, then you would have the skill forever.

wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

I got my marine vinyl for the seats at JoAnnes Fabrics. Do not know if
nation wide chain.

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 00:23:29 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

This stuff may be heavier than the stuff JoAnne sells (18oz). The
stuff on my boat lift cover is 22oz, the stuff they use for heavy duty
trucker tarps. For a reference a silver poly tarp is between 2 and 4
oz.

On 6/4/2018 6:07 AM, John H. wrote:
[...]

I never would have thought of that... thanks!

wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

I believe it is... at least we have several here in SE Wisconsin.
Thanks for the idea!

wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

I wonder how heavy I actually want it to be... I don't want it to
flap around easily in a breeze, but I also want to be able easily move
it out of the way if I have to fill the gas tank, mess with the cables, etc.

Of course, if it snaps on and off, I guess that's a moot concern.

Stupid question chuck[_2_] General 7 February 27th 11 02:53 PM
A stupid question John H[_2_] General 0 June 26th 09 12:34 PM
Stupid boat launching question Alta47 General 18 November 6th 08 02:41 AM
stupid question IAN MARTIN General 7 November 1st 05 12:42 AM
Stupid question I'm sure Lure Action Controller General 2 May 3rd 04 12:31 PM