Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default weird VHF problem, sunspot?

Actually, we quite enjoy the kids. The wife dressed as a witch & I as
Frankenstien's Monster. A couple of friends (Dracula and Wolfman) came
over and we had an acoustic guitar jam session in the drive. Sang
"Flying Purple People Eater" and "Monster Mash" several times. A few
cast iron "cauldrons" filled with diesel oil burning and 35 pounds of
M&M's and 3 Musketeers bars! It was fun.
We usually do a bigger hoot, but my back is just not up to the task. But
Christmas is just around the corner!

Which reminds me, local boaters (Jacksonville FL) Don't forget to
register for the Light Parades!

Capt. Frank

Keith wrote:

Another advantage to living on the boat. No Trick or Treaters!

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
ink.net...

Damn, the wife and I had the same problem. They demanded candy too!

CF

Snafu wrote:

Last night a strange thing happened, in fact it happened again and

again. I

was watching TV and the doorbell would ring. I opened the door and

every

time I did, there was a group of young people there dressed in strange

garb.

They held out bags as they chanted something like "trikortreet". The

only

possible reason for this strange behavior I can come up with is the

recent

solar flare activity.

"basskisser" wrote in message
e.com...

"Ron White" wrote in message

Yesterday my ICOM vhf (which has DSC capability) would suddenly change

channel 16 and emit a very loud ambulance siren type sound from the

speaker.

The volume of the sound was not controllable and be canceled by

changeing

channels or pushing the DSC button.This happened quite a few times.

Today I

tested the unit by leaving it on for a good while , checks OK. So could

this

be caused by solar flares?

Interesting, I noticed my digital cable (t.v.) loosing signal some
yesterday. Doesn't usually do that, so who knows?!!

Is problem with O-Ring Seal or Valve Body Rural Knight General 10 December 7th 04 07:39 PM
fuel delivery problem on outboard? help Russell Hermansen General 9 October 7th 03 01:40 AM
Johnson outboard problem Garland Gray II General 10 October 3rd 03 06:45 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM
Weird problem with Ford 351 - MasterCraft ProStar 190 Calif Bill General 3 July 10th 03 08:31 AM