Default Yay! Taxes Done - Refund Coming

On Friday, 23 March 2018 20:59:04 UTC-3, John H wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 16:55:45 -0400, The Last Boater on USENET wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:19:30 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Might take my wife out to dinner at Costco with the Federal refund.

Is this the same $1500.00 tax refund you told me about?

ROFL..... told you so!
-Gene

I'm getting about 1400+ back from the state, but that's because of contributions to the grandkids
Virginia 529 program.

Fed is just a bit over $200.

y'all are lucky. I got a shock last week when I received a Notice of Assessment for my 2016 taxes saying I owed another $2650.00.
Checked it out and it seems that the agent didn't like where I accounted for two items...placing them on two other lines and not removing them from the 'other income" line where I had showed the income. This caused the two amounts to be doubled declared. I am completing a T1 Adjustment Request to have them correct their corrections. Had me going for an hour or so.

wrote:

Might take my wife out to dinner at Costco with the Federal refund.

Is this the same $1500.00 tax refund you told me about?

ROFL..... told you so!
-Gene

I'm getting about 1400+ back from the state, but that's because of contributions to the grandkids
Virginia 529 program.

Fed is just a bit over $200.

y'all are lucky. I got a shock last week when I received a Notice of Assessment for my 2016 taxes saying I owed another $2650.00.
Checked it out and it seems that the agent didn't like where I accounted for two items...placing them on two other lines and not removing them from the 'other income" line where I had showed the income. This caused the two amounts to be doubled declared. I am completing a T1 Adjustment Request to have them correct their corrections. Had me going for an hour or so.

You got cought.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

No...I didn't get "cought"!

It was the gov't revenuers thinking they knew better than me. I called their office and another agent agreed with me. I'm correcting their corrections.

wrote:

[...]

Good luck buddy. I hope you can prove they owe you money. That is
always the best kind of audit.

wrote:

[...]

Might have been you got caught. You can't mess around when the
revenuers have you in their sights. Ask Fat Harry.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Greg sez...
"Good luck buddy. I hope you can prove they owe you money. That isĀ*
always the best kind of audit."

I just want them to go back to their 1st assessment last May. I owed them just short of $400.00 which I paid, and they agreed. Don't know why I popped up again just when my 2017 tax return is due.

wrote:

Might take my wife out to dinner at Costco with the Federal refund.

Is this the same $1500.00 tax refund you told me about?

ROFL..... told you so!
-Gene

I'm getting about 1400+ back from the state, but that's because of contributions to the grandkids
Virginia 529 program.

Fed is just a bit over $200.

y'all are lucky. I got a shock last week when I received a Notice of Assessment for my 2016 taxes saying I owed another $2650.00.
Checked it out and it seems that the agent didn't like where I accounted for two items...placing them on two other lines and not removing them from the 'other income" line where I had showed the income. This caused the two amounts to be doubled declared. I am completing a T1 Adjustment Request to have them correct their corrections. Had me going for an hour or so.

Why am I lucky that you screwed up your taxes?

The John flushes his head again...
"Why am I lucky that you screwed up your taxes?"

Are y'all really that dopey, Johnny?
Y'all are lucky because you're getting money back.
Secondly, I didn't screw up anything....the revenue agent did.
I'm correcting their mistake as I do endlessly in here for y'all.
Maybe I should have been a teacher....Seems that they used to accept almost anyone in 'merica.

True North wrote:
The John flushes his head again...
"Why am I lucky that you screwed up your taxes?"

Are y'all really that dopey, Johnny?
Y'all are lucky because you're getting money back.
Secondly, I didn't screw up anything....the revenue agent did.
I'm correcting their mistake as I do endlessly in here for y'all.
Maybe I should have been a teacher....Seems that they used to accept almost anyone in 'merica.

Getting money back doesn't mean anything. It doesn't change what is
owed it just means taxes were overpaid over the year.

True North wrote:
The John flushes his head again...
"Why am I lucky that you screwed up your taxes?"

Are y'all really that dopey, Johnny?
Y'all are lucky because you're getting money back.
Secondly, I didn't screw up anything....the revenue agent did.
I'm correcting their mistake as I do endlessly in here for y'all.
Maybe I should have been a teacher....Seems that they used to accept
almost anyone in 'merica.

Their mistake? You are the one who signed an incorrect tax return.

Yay! Taxes Done - Refund Coming Alex[_15_] General 21 March 29th 18 11:52 AM
Refund for botched dental work? Justan Olphart General 26 June 2nd 15 01:40 AM
Guess who pays no federal income taxes or taxes at a lower rate thanyou do... X ~ Man General 41 August 25th 11 02:09 AM
Refund or welfare? Charles Momsen ASA 0 October 13th 08 06:30 PM
( OT ) Taxes Jim, General 0 March 28th 05 08:19 PM