Tim Tim is offline

Default $21.00 happiness....

The battery is shot in my moto Guzzi. Went out when I parked it last November. It came from Walmart too and didn’t have but about 6 months in it. I probably could have taken it in and got another but no need to let it sit over the winter and get stale too. So I let it sit all winter.

I noticed that Walmart had a fresh load of batteries on a pallet. Brand new dated 2/18. That’s for me!

Had to go back to town this evening so I pulled the old battery for core and away I went. Got it, installed it and here goes. Hit the button and it fired right off. I could but a genuine Guzzi battery for 5 times as much and maybe get 3 years out of it. I’ve even thought of a NiCd Battery , but those are ridiculously high.

So here I am back with El Cheapo. Life is good...

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:53:55 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

The battery is shot in my moto Guzzi. Went out when I parked it last November. It came from Walmart too and didn’t have but about 6 months in it. I probably could have taken it in and got another but no need to let it sit over the winter and get stale too. So I let it sit all winter.

I noticed that Walmart had a fresh load of batteries on a pallet. Brand new dated 2/18. That’s for me!

Had to go back to town this evening so I pulled the old battery for core and away I went. Got it, installed it and here goes. Hit the button and it fired right off. I could but a genuine Guzzi battery for 5 times as much and maybe get 3 years out of it. I’ve even thought of a NiCd Battery , but those are ridiculously high.

So here I am back with El Cheapo. Life is good...

===

Great.

Don't hit any deer. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

10:25
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:53:55 -0700 (PDT), Tim
===

Great.

Don't hit any deer. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

—-

Oh I’m never planning on it, but thanks Wayne for reminding me that I do still have that option. Lol!

On 3/19/18 6:53 PM, Tim wrote:
The battery is shot in my moto Guzzi. Went out when I parked it last November. It came from Walmart too and didn’t have but about 6 months in it. I probably could have taken it in and got another but no need to let it sit over the winter and get stale too. So I let it sit all winter.

I noticed that Walmart had a fresh load of batteries on a pallet. Brand new dated 2/18. That’s for me!

Had to go back to town this evening so I pulled the old battery for core and away I went. Got it, installed it and here goes. Hit the button and it fired right off. I could but a genuine Guzzi battery for 5 times as much and maybe get 3 years out of it. I’ve even thought of a NiCd Battery , but those are ridiculously high.

So here I am back with El Cheapo. Life is good...

Wow. You spend $9 less on motorcycle batteries than I do on the
batteries for my lawn & garden tractor. Of course, I wouldn't buy
toothpaste from Walmart.

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 3/19/18 6:53 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Where do you buy toothpaste¿

On 3/20/2018 7:55 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/19/18 6:53 PM, Tim wrote:
The battery is shot in my moto Guzzi. Went out when I parked it last
November. It came from Walmart too and didn’t have but about 6 months
in it.Â* I probably could have taken it in and got another but no need
to let it sit over the winter and get stale too. So I let it sit all
winter.

I noticed that Walmart had a fresh load of batteries on a pallet.
Brand new dated 2/18.Â*Â* That’s for me!

Had to go back to town this evening so I pulled the old battery for
core and away I went. Got it, installed it and here goes. Hit the
button and it fired right off. I could but a genuine Guzzi battery for
5 times as much and maybe get 3 years out of it. I’ve even thought of
a NiCd Battery , but those are ridiculously high.

So here I am back with El Cheapo.Â*Â* Life is good...

Wow. You spend $9 less onÂ* motorcycle batteries than I do on the
batteries for my lawn & garden tractor. Of course, I wouldn't buy
toothpaste from Walmart.

You think the Crest or Colgate sold at Walmart is different than
that sold anywhere else?

justan

https://tinyurl.com/y7ahxhzz

On 3/19/18 6:53 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Everyone remembers the Walmart boxes in his pictures of the basement. He shopped there before he didn't.

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 07:55:08 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 3/19/18 6:53 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

There isn't that much difference between a motorcycle battery and a
lawn tractor battery, in fact the battery for a "kicker" is smaller.
I am also not sure why Walmart bothers you so much. In the retail
world, they treat their employees as well as most and far better than
some, particularly "mom and pop".
The toothpaste is certainly the same and close to half of what Publix
gets for it. I get a 2 pack of Crest for about what Publix charges for
one tube. I will admit about all I buy from Walmart is toiletries,
batteries and dog stuff.

Happiness isn't.. Toad Gigger General 2 December 18th 14 09:23 PM
Happiness is... Poco Loco General 32 November 25th 14 01:51 AM
Happiness is... John H.[_5_] General 31 June 8th 12 05:28 AM
Happiness is... Wayne.B Cruising 92 December 2nd 07 07:33 AM
Happiness is... Wayne.B General 133 December 2nd 07 07:31 AM