Default Hallelujah

Just stopped my Honda generator after a full hours run under load.
Appears that all is right with the world.
Thanks to everyone who commented and offered suggestions etc.
I'm ready now if we get that 4th NorEaster predicated for us.

On 3/16/2018 12:51 PM, True North wrote:

Just stopped my Honda generator after a full hours run under load.
Appears that all is right with the world.
Thanks to everyone who commented and offered suggestions etc.
I'm ready now if we get that 4th NorEaster predicated for us.

Don ... suggest you do another test for at least half an hour.

Start it up and let it run with the Eco mode "on" and with *no*
load on the generator.

Reason?

You've suspected that it was flooding. Running it under a
load may cause it to use all the gas the float and bowl can
deliver ... so it didn't flood.

Running it for at least a half hour ... maybe an hour to compare
apple to apples will not draw anywhere near as much gas. If the
float or something is screwing up it might flood again.

Mr. Luddite

"Don ... suggest you do another test for at least half an hour.Â*

Start it up and let it run with the Eco mode "on" Â*and with *no*Â*
load on the generator.Â*

Reason?Â*

You've suspected that it was flooding. Â*Running it under aÂ*
load may cause it to use all the gas the float and bowl canÂ*
deliver ... so it didn't flood.Â*

Running it for at least a half hour ... maybe an hour to compareÂ*
apple to apples Â*will not draw anywhere near as much gas. Â*If theÂ*
float or something is screwing up it might flood again."Â*

Just came in. I Å•an the Honda for an hour on Econo Mode with no load.
When I first switched over to Econo Mode it almost stumbled for a second but then ran flawlessly. Hopefully I'm good to go. Thanks for the help.

On 3/16/2018 3:59 PM, True North wrote:
Mr. Luddite

"Don ... suggest you do another test for at least half an hour.

Start it up and let it run with the Eco mode "on" Â*and with *no*
load on the generator.

Reason?

You've suspected that it was flooding. Â*Running it under a
load may cause it to use all the gas the float and bowl can
deliver ... so it didn't flood.

Running it for at least a half hour ... maybe an hour to compare
apple to apples Â*will not draw anywhere near as much gas. Â*If the
float or something is screwing up it might flood again."

Just came in. I Å•an the Honda for an hour on Econo Mode with no load.
When I first switched over to Econo Mode it almost stumbled for a second but then ran flawlessly. Hopefully I'm good to go. Thanks for the help.

Great. Glad to hear it. Sounds like you're in good shape.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:59:36 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

Mr. Luddite

"Don ... suggest you do another test for at least half an hour.Â*

Start it up and let it run with the Eco mode "on" Â*and with *no*Â*
load on the generator.Â*

Reason?Â*

You've suspected that it was flooding. Â*Running it under aÂ*
load may cause it to use all the gas the float and bowl canÂ*
deliver ... so it didn't flood.Â*

Running it for at least a half hour ... maybe an hour to compareÂ*
apple to apples Â*will not draw anywhere near as much gas. Â*If theÂ*
float or something is screwing up it might flood again."Â*

Just came in. I ?an the Honda for an hour on Econo Mode with no load.
When I first switched over to Econo Mode it almost stumbled for a second but then ran flawlessly. Hopefully I'm good to go. Thanks for the help.

Yup, lets just say there was something that needed "breaking in" ;-)
Since this thing is so cheap to run, you might as well run it a few
more times over the next couple of months to increase your confidence
factor. I still think running it dry and storing it that way is best
but if not, be sure you stabilize your gas. One of the things I like
about my old briggs is the gas tank comes right off with a quick
disconnect fuel line connector that shuts off the gas and 4 thumb
screws. When I am done, I can shut off the gas, run it dry and empty
the tank in my boat.

wrote:

[...]

There is a youtube vid showing a guy who installed a petcock in the gas line of the little Honda.
Good idea. I wish Honda had done something like that. I suppose one could pour out the gas and then
let it run 'til dry. But starting it once a month or so is not that hard.

wrote:

[...]

There *is* a way to drain the gas from the bowl, provided by Honda.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:51:26 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Just stopped my Honda generator after a full hours run under load.
Appears that all is right with the world.
Thanks to everyone who commented and offered suggestions etc.
I'm ready now if we get that 4th NorEaster predicated for us.

Put on your calendar to crank that thing every few weeks. I have it in Outlook. Every four weeks I
get a reminder.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:40:59 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:51:26 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Just stopped my Honda generator after a full hours run under load.
Appears that all is right with the world.
Thanks to everyone who commented and offered suggestions etc.
I'm ready now if we get that 4th NorEaster predicated for us.

Put on your calendar to crank that thing every few weeks. I have it in Outlook. Every four weeks I
get a reminder.

I hope that's not true because mine sat 10 years without running
before Irma, it started on the 2d pull and I don't plan on starting it
again until the next hurricane ... but it is running propane ;-)
Actually I do plan to crank it up for a project we are doing at the
boat ramp but I will be running on a 20# propane bottle.
I also have a few little things I want to do with it too, like extend
the oil drain port out far enough so I can drain the oil and not spill
it everywhere. I also want to put an hour meter on it. I may go ahead
and spin up 180 hours or so on it from wall power to be more correct
tho. Once I get everything right, we probably won't have another power
failure for another 10 years. I already put the loops in the inlet box
so I can quickly check the running amps with my clamp. I also set up a
variac to boost the voltage to the fridge in the house. It was a
little cranky about the 110 volts it was getting at the end of the
line. I still need to swap a couple of breakers around to get that off
the same phase as the one in the tiki bar.
I guess I have to get to work ;-)

wrote:

[...]

Well guess what - mine doesn't start as easily!

Hallelujah JustWait General 10 November 3rd 11 05:44 PM
Killin' for Jesus!!! Hallelujah!!! jps General 0 February 17th 10 02:49 AM
Hallelujah! Scout ASA 62 September 15th 06 12:21 PM