matthew siroky

Default Old Glaspar g3 Runabout Questions

I am interested in restoring an old glaspar G3 runabout. Can anyone give me
some information on this boat. The hull looks in pretty good shape and I am
wondering if it is worth my time and money to restore it.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

JLSAVARD

I am interested in restoring an old glaspar G3 runabout. Can anyone give me
some information on this boat. The hull looks in pretty good shape and I am
wondering if it is worth my time and money to restore it.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

I would check out "www.fiberglassics.com". They have some pictures and history
of the G3.

I had one years ago and enjoyed it so much that I'd like to have another.
Where are you, by the way?

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan
Clams Canino

Check out the transom to make sure it's solid. Replacing the transom is
possible too though.

I can tell you that a G3 goes the balls with a Merc 700, 800, 850, or 1000
from the early 60's. The 800, 850 and 1000 weigh almost exactly the same. I
had a G3 with an 800 and it was plenty fast, the 1000 was "real fast" and as
big as you should go even with a new solid transom. The later 99ci inlines
are both too much weight and too much power, to the point of being
dangerous. Not only that - they aren't correct for the year.

They really look the balls with one of those old inline 6's sticking
straight up in the back. Solid state the old points ignition for "todays"
reliability.

-W

Long or short shaft depending on your transom height.

"matthew siroky" wrote in message
I am interested in restoring an old glaspar G3 runabout. Can anyone give

me
some information on this boat. The hull looks in pretty good shape and I

am
wondering if it is worth my time and money to restore it.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Winterizing More questions Mike Elliott General 2 October 21st 03 02:40 PM
One million questions Paul General 0 August 11th 03 03:14 AM
Corrosion Questions Dave Alonzi General 5 August 8th 03 05:11 PM
help pls - spreader questions Wilder Lewis General 0 July 11th 03 02:50 PM
Depth Finder - Two questions Gary Warner General 3 July 8th 03 12:01 AM