Mike Elliott

Default Winterizing More questions

I've got my block drained. My carb drained, fuel stabilized, cylinders
fogged.

I drained out my lower unit oil. I have yet to put it back in. I have
differing opinions on whether I should put it back in now... or later.

I also am not real sure on the proceedure. In my mercury outboards, I put
the oil in the lower drain hole until it came out the top.

On my mercruiser v6 carbed... it has the lower unit receptacle at the top I
can not see how to fill it appropriately...

so I guess my questions are these:

1) Should I leave it empty or fill it back up for the winter
2) What is the best proceedure for refilling it?

Mike

Lawrence James

There is a drain hole in the bottom, just like the outboards. You pump it
in the bttom hole until it comes out the hole in the top, just like the
outboards :-)

Put it in now.

Winterizing in Sflorida Ed General 11 October 14th 03 02:40 PM
Newbie: No winterizing for heated storage? Sparkslaw General 2 September 16th 03 05:41 AM
Corrosion Questions Dave Alonzi General 5 August 8th 03 05:11 PM
1993 Four Winns...Used boat question(s)... alincoln General 1 August 8th 03 04:40 PM
help pls - spreader questions Wilder Lewis General 0 July 11th 03 02:50 PM