Lawrence James

Default Winterizing More questions

There is a drain hole in the bottom, just like the outboards. You pump it
in the bttom hole until it comes out the hole in the top, just like the
outboards :-)

Put it in now.

"Mike Elliott" wrote in message
I've got my block drained. My carb drained, fuel stabilized, cylinders
fogged.

I drained out my lower unit oil. I have yet to put it back in. I have
differing opinions on whether I should put it back in now... or later.

I also am not real sure on the proceedure. In my mercury outboards, I put
the oil in the lower drain hole until it came out the top.

On my mercruiser v6 carbed... it has the lower unit receptacle at the top

can not see how to fill it appropriately...

so I guess my questions are these:

1) Should I leave it empty or fill it back up for the winter
2) What is the best proceedure for refilling it?

Mike