Default Amazon prime TV

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 08:41:49 -0500, Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

On 3/1/2018 8:31 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
On 3/1/2018 2:04 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 20:39:39 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 10:19:34 PM UTC-5,
wrote:

Ah, OK.Â* How do you power that thing up?

I looked and it is the HDCA-1 One in, One out and one for power from a
wall wart.
That is 15dB not 16.

If you have good power from your wall wart 50ft away, that should be
good to go.Â* I think you're right... I'd start looking at your
antenna, its placement, and aiming.

Good luck!

The wall wart is more like 3 feet away, connected with 18ga Quad
Shield.
The antenna is mounted on the peak of a gable end and the cable goes
in the attic right there. The amp is just inside, plugged into a
receptacle put there for the purpose. From there I have the 50' cable
to the TV.

Try aiming it. Make sure the antenna connections aren't corroded. The
amplifier could also be bad. So could the short piece of coax between
the antenna and amplifier. Does anyone in your neighborhood get good OTA
reception?

I just looked at the OTA offerings for Estero. There isn't much there.
Maybe cable or Dish TV is your best bet.

I have dish and 300 channels we seldom watch. That is the point. I am
going with OTA for the networks and streaming for everything else.

I have it tuned up enough to be usable right now and I am OK.

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 10:19:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Ah, OK. How do you power that thing up?

I looked and it is the HDCA-1 One in, One out and one for power from a
wall wart.
That is 15dB not 16.

If you have good power from your wall wart 50ft away, that should be
good to go. I think you're right... I'd start looking at your antenna,
its placement, and aiming.

Good luck!

The wall wart is more like 3 feet away, connected with 18ga Quad
Shield.
The antenna is mounted on the peak of a gable end and the cable goes
in the attic right there. The amp is just inside, plugged into a
receptacle put there for the purpose. From there I have the 50' cable
to the TV.

Maybe too much signal. Try without the amp. Maybe overdriving the
inputs.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 17:53:22 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

Then the signal strength meter would be pegged. I have tried it
without the amp anyway. It is worse.