Default HEY YOU NIGHT OWLS

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 08:46:39 -0500, Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

You know who you are.
Been up all night with prostate issues? ;-)

For me it is usually the dog. I am a 2AM to bed guy anyway and if my
dog does not go out before that, he will wake me up at 3-4, like last
night.
We do like our late night run down FPL tho. I have always like walking
at night. It is cool, quiet, stars in the sky and sometimes a big old
moon.

wrote:

You know who you are.
Been up all night with prostate issues? ;-)

For me it is usually the dog. I am a 2AM to bed guy anyway and if my
dog does not go out before that, he will wake me up at 3-4, like last
night.
We do like our late night run down FPL tho. I have always like walking
at night. It is cool, quiet, stars in the sky and sometimes a big old
moon.

I used to walk my Springer Spaniel at 2200hrs or so but then we'd run into other dogs and he'd start barking. Then I shifted to 2120 hrs. Now..to play it safe (he'll be 12 in June) we take a short walk at both 2130 and 2330 hrs.

wrote:

You know who you are.
Been up all night with prostate issues? ;-)

For me it is usually the dog. I am a 2AM to bed guy anyway and if my
dog does not go out before that, he will wake me up at 3-4, like last
night.
We do like our late night run down FPL tho. I have always like walking
at night. It is cool, quiet, stars in the sky and sometimes a big old
moon.

I used to walk my Springer Spaniel at 2200hrs or so but then we'd run into other dogs and he'd start barking. Then I shifted to 2120 hrs. Now..to play it safe (he'll be 12 in June) we take a short walk at both 2130 and 2330 hrs.

At 0200-0400 we pretty much have the night to ourselves, no matter
where we go but FPL is the best. I have about an acre up there that is
really only accessible from my yard.
(surrounded on 3 sides by water and an impenetrable jungle to the
north)
Occasionally we will run into a raccoon or a possum and I saw a cool
garter snake on a tree today but it us usually just us and the gopher
tortoises.

wrote:

[...]

When we wintered in Florida I rarely went outside after dark and when I
did I carried the biggest, brightest, strongest flashlight I had. Don't
like surprises.

wrote:

[...]

I carry one of those little "good luck to ya" lights and I seldom turn
it on. It really does not get dark anymore and I have pretty good
night vision. The light pollution in the US is so bad that on an
overcast night you can almost read the paper, either on the trail or
out in the boat. Occasionally on a very clear night and no moon, it
takes me a few minutes to adjust to the dark but I still seldom use
the light.
As long as the dog is with me, there will not be many surprises. He
sees better than me at night and is a lot more alert. (smells, sounds
etc)

wrote:

You know who you are.
Been up all night with prostate issues? ;-)

For me it is usually the dog. I am a 2AM to bed guy anyway and if my
dog does not go out before that, he will wake me up at 3-4, like last
night.
We do like our late night run down FPL tho. I have always like walking
at night. It is cool, quiet, stars in the sky and sometimes a big old
moon.

I used to walk my Springer Spaniel at 2200hrs or so but then we'd run into other dogs and he'd start barking. Then I shifted to 2120 hrs. Now..to play it safe (he'll be 12 in June) we take a short walk at both 2130 and 2330 hrs.

What's with the 24 hr clock? Do civilians talk like that up thar?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

You know who you are.
Been up all night with prostate issues? ;-)

For me it is usually the dog. I am a 2AM to bed guy anyway and if my
dog does not go out before that, he will wake me up at 3-4, like last
night.
We do like our late night run down FPL tho. I have always like walking
at night. It is cool, quiet, stars in the sky and sometimes a big old
moon.

I used to walk my Springer Spaniel at 2200hrs or so but then we'd run into other dogs and he'd start barking. Then I shifted to 2120 hrs. Now..to play it safe (he'll be 12 in June) we take a short walk at both 2130 and 2330 hrs.

What's with the 24 hr clock? Do civilians talk like that up thar?

IBM was all 24 hour clock too so I have no problem with it. It is
certainly more precise.
The thing that was different is they stuck with the WWII phonetic
alphabet. (Able, Baker, Dog)

wrote:

You know who you are.
Been up all night with prostate issues? ;-)

For me it is usually the dog. I am a 2AM to bed guy anyway and if my
dog does not go out before that, he will wake me up at 3-4, like last
night.
We do like our late night run down FPL tho. I have always like walking
at night. It is cool, quiet, stars in the sky and sometimes a big old
moon.

I used to walk my Springer Spaniel at 2200hrs or so but then we'd run into other dogs and he'd start barking. Then I shifted to 2120 hrs. Now..to play it safe (he'll be 12 in June) we take a short walk at both 2130 and 2330 hrs.

What's with the 24 hr clock? Do civilians talk like that up thar?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Real boaters who have graduated boating courses do on occasion. Y'all should try a course or two.