Default Hugh the Manatee

There was a man who owned some water front property in Florida. He was
very happy with his property until he realized the there was a manatee
that constantly swam in the waters that were "his".

This became more and more irksome to the man, until he could stand it no
longer. At last he resolved to rid himself of the troublesome creature.

Calling to it he said "hey, what's your name?"

"Hugh," came the reply, as Hugh obligingly swam over to the man. At this
point the man grabbed Hugh and began to beat him viciously. The police
were called and the man arrested.

When the case came to trial, his lawyer argued it should be thrown out
of court - since assault against a marine mammal was not an offense.

The judge overruled this argument. "Clearly," he said, "this is a crime
against Hugh manatee."

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:28:21 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

There was a man who owned some water front property in Florida. He was
very happy with his property until he realized the there was a manatee
that constantly swam in the waters that were "his".

This became more and more irksome to the man, until he could stand it no
longer. At last he resolved to rid himself of the troublesome creature.

Calling to it he said "hey, what's your name?"

"Hugh," came the reply, as Hugh obligingly swam over to the man. At this
point the man grabbed Hugh and began to beat him viciously. The police
were called and the man arrested.

When the case came to trial, his lawyer argued it should be thrown out
of court - since assault against a marine mammal was not an offense.

The judge overruled this argument. "Clearly," he said, "this is a crime
against Hugh manatee."

The ironic thing is you would get it a lot more trouble for beating up
a manatee than you would for beating up your neighbor.
.... but I digress ;-)

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 16:17:16 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

There was a man who owned some water front property in Florida. He was
very happy with his property until he realized the there was a manatee
that constantly swam in the waters that were "his".

This became more and more irksome to the man, until he could stand it no
longer. At last he resolved to rid himself of the troublesome creature.

Calling to it he said "hey, what's your name?"

"Hugh," came the reply, as Hugh obligingly swam over to the man. At this
point the man grabbed Hugh and began to beat him viciously. The police
were called and the man arrested.

When the case came to trial, his lawyer argued it should be thrown out
of court - since assault against a marine mammal was not an offense.

The judge overruled this argument. "Clearly," he said, "this is a crime
against Hugh manatee."

Ewwww. :-)

I wholeheartedly agree with the above post.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Hey, I just flipped my windshield wipers up and opened a new container
of ice melt in preparation for more snow tonight. Gimmee a break.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Sorry to say, but it will be high 70's to 80 through Thursday here. Stuff is starting to bloom.

Hope you get some relief soon.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Yup I am about to give up on the hot tub for the year and get serious
about the pool again. I am already in it now and then but it is still
a little chilly for a Florida boy. I am guessing 75-76 but I can't
keep the thermometer in it. Deuce keeps "retrieving" it for me. Same
with the chlorine floater or anything else we throw in there. He has
even dragged the pool cleaner out a few times. Fortunately the pump
wasn't running.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

We're expecting that snow tomorrow so I won't bother standing my wiper blades up. Hate having them freeze to the windshield.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

We lucked out...just a bit of snow, some freezing rain. No biggie.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Read that. You hate having them freeze to the windshied, but you won't bother standing them up. Some
more liberal 'ill' logic?

Are all those Blacks against Trump really racists?