BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ice age by 2050? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/178038-ice-age-2050-a.html)

Bill[_12_] February 11th 18 10:26 PM

Ice age by 2050?

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 17:24:24 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 05:51:45 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/scientists-...ice-age-759865

BTW from UC San Diego, not Fox News

These guys think it may start in 4 years.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/scientists-...by-2030-754819

source professor Valentina Zharkova at Northumbria University (UK)

I?ve got an ice age this morning. Whole place is covered.

We're still having rain. All day yesterday and today. Hope it stops by
Wednesday. Gotta try the foot
on the golf course.

Need some motorcycle weather also!

Cold front today. Only supposed to get to 62. 80 yesterday, but very
high winds in the evening. Out to finish draining the fuel tank on the
boat.

Rolling on screen today and it was kinda hot. (80 sumpin)

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

[email protected] February 11th 18 10:45 PM

Ice age by 2050?

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:26:31 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

John H.[_5_] February 11th 18 11:36 PM

Ice age by 2050?

wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

Is it not possible to put the mixture into a container, let the water settle to the bottom and
siphon the gas off the top?

[email protected] February 12th 18 12:37 AM

Ice age by 2050?

wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

Is it not possible to put the mixture into a container, let the water settle to the bottom and
siphon the gas off the top?

===

That would be a good start. Next I would run the gas through a water
seperating filter to pick up anything remaining, and as a last step
mix in some ethanol fuel.

---
http://www.avg.com

Bill[_12_] February 12th 18 01:38 AM

Ice age by 2050?

wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

I got a hose into th corner of the tank. Boat is tipped up and at an
angle. Pumped water for a long while and then gas. So I think it got
almost if not all the water out. Only about 30gallons in the drum, so I
may let it sit for a few days and pump,some off the top, and add a little
to the cars once in a while. Local hazardous waste facility only takes it
in 5 gallon containers or 50# max. They will return containers, So
maybe a couple trips. Or a large bonfire. ;)
It is a joke Don.

Bill[_12_] February 12th 18 01:38 AM

Ice age by 2050?

wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

Is it not possible to put the mixture into a container, let the water
settle to the bottom and
siphon the gas off the top?

===

That would be a good start. Next I would run the gas through a water
seperating filter to pick up anything remaining, and as a last step
mix in some ethanol fuel.

---
http://www.avg.com

I have a water separator filter, but it filled up. Probably only a $100
bucks of fuel to replace what was in tank. Full would be near 70 gallons.

[email protected] February 12th 18 03:26 AM

Ice age by 2050?

wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

Is it not possible to put the mixture into a container, let the water settle to the bottom and
siphon the gas off the top?

===

That would be a good start. Next I would run the gas through a water
seperating filter to pick up anything remaining, and as a last step
mix in some ethanol fuel.

The other problem is the alcohol has mixed with the water so you end
up with very low octane fuel, hence adding back high test and maybe
even a few cans of octane booster. It is still going to be shaky gas
for a boat. I also question putting it in your car. They tend to be
less able to assimilate water than a boat with a water separator.

[email protected] February 12th 18 03:28 AM

Ice age by 2050?

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 01:38:55 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

I got a hose into th corner of the tank. Boat is tipped up and at an
angle. Pumped water for a long while and then gas. So I think it got
almost if not all the water out. Only about 30gallons in the drum, so I
may let it sit for a few days and pump,some off the top, and add a little
to the cars once in a while. Local hazardous waste facility only takes it
in 5 gallon containers or 50# max. They will return containers, So
maybe a couple trips. Or a large bonfire. ;)
It is a joke Don.

I don't think I would screw with what you have in the drum.
It is 5 or 6 cans you can take to the dump.

Tim February 12th 18 01:08 PM

Ice age by 2050?

Bill
Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

—-

How’d all that get in there anyhow?

John H.[_5_] February 12th 18 01:20 PM

Ice age by 2050?

wrote:

Got the last couple gallons out. Mostly water.

It might be worth sacrificing a few gallons of fresh gas to dilute and
flush out any remaining water. Suck that out and recycle it too.
It's a shame you can't find something to do with that gas.

I got a hose into th corner of the tank. Boat is tipped up and at an
angle. Pumped water for a long while and then gas. So I think it got
almost if not all the water out. Only about 30gallons in the drum, so I
may let it sit for a few days and pump,some off the top, and add a little
to the cars once in a while. Local hazardous waste facility only takes it
in 5 gallon containers or 50# max. They will return containers, So
maybe a couple trips. Or a large bonfire. ;)
It is a joke Don.

Sounds like a plan.

Maybe invite the neighbors for a hot dog roast when you have the bonfire? (Another joke, Don!)

Reminds me of an incident as a kid. My grandfather told me to gather and burn a pile of brush in the
orchard. As a 10-year old, I didn't know much about gas. So I got a cupful from the gas tank and
threw it on the brush pile. I then lit a match and threw it on the pile also. WHOOOOM! One loud
explosion which knocked me on my ass. Luckily no other injuries. Taught me my lesson about using gas
to start a fire.