Default Huh. George Bush ain't that bad of a guy after all...

On 1/28/2018 11:24 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/28/18 9:56 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 9:37 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/28/18 7:04 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 12:34 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:52:40 -0500, Keyser Söze

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:25:56 -0500, Keyser Söze

On 27 Jan 2018 21:52:45 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:35:55 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Tim wrote:
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 2:09:35 AM UTC-6,
wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:46:24 -0800 (PST), Tim

wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim

Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is
no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame
was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back
at history and
thought he could have done some great things.Â* One thing
about him was
he could sure deliver a great speech...

I am not as convinced. He was an arrogant jerk who almost
destroyed
the world for no real reason and his brother shredded the
constitution. Other than that I suppose he did look good
on TV.

you may be right. I was 7 yrs old when he was assassinated.
I'm looking
far into retrospect.

Camelot.Â*Â* Since he really screwed the pooch in his short
time as
President, but looked good, talked well, had a nice looking
wife (who he
played around on, and she to do the same playing around.
Who the press
seemed to overlook) and killed.Â*Â* The presidency was glossed
up.

There was a very good chance that he was going to lose the 64
election. That is why he was in Dallas in the first place,
trying to
get the solid southern democrat vote back.

Lose to who?

We might have actually seen Nixon again but Goldwater had a much
better chance against a live JFK than LBJ over the body of a dead
president.
By September of 63 K's approval ratings had fallen to the
lowest in
his presidency and there was not even anyone from the GOP
reminding us
how bad things were going. I was in DC every day at that time 2
blocks
from his house. The blood was in the water.

Lose to who?

Goldwater? Nixon? Romney?, that's if he gets past the LBJ primary
challenge. Like I said, the blood was in the water. Maybe the news
didn't get to Connecticut. They were too busy talking about Jackie's
new hat.

None of them had a chance in 1964. Nixon lost and it was too soon
to run
again. Goldwater was too for out there. Romney? Nah. And I was
living in
Kansas.

Ah yes, The political nerve center of the nation ... Kansas. That is
almost like being in DC going to a private school with the kids of
politically connected parents.
Kennedy was in trouble. People were basically starting to ask "We see
the beefcake butÂ* where is the beef"?
The democrats were disillusioned and wondering if they did not just
have the ticket flipped.
JFK had a filibuster proof senate (65 votes) and a big majority in the
house and yet they were not seeing much coming out of it. The buzz was
Johnson might have taken a run at JFK in 64. To start with, he knew
how sick Kennedy really was. Lots of people knew he was not right but
the news covered it up ... just like FDR. Johnson was not that nice.

In many ways Trump reminds me of LBJ, not so much in agenda issues
but in personalities.Â* Both are/were bullies.

LBJ understood government and the legislative process, and among
other things, got the Civil Rights bill passed. Trump is a pig with
no governmental or legislative talents, and would rescind what is
left of the Civil Rights bill, if he could. Johnson has many great
accomplishments and a colossal failure. Trump transferred more of the
nation's wealth to the rich.

All I said was that both personalities were/are those of a bully.
BTW, what is your secret source of information that indicates that
Trump would rescind the Civil Rights bill?Â*Â* Real info or more "Fake
News"?

Trump is a racist. There are racists in his administration. The most
prominent is Steve Miller.

It's sad that someone with your intelligence so easily buys into
whatever the latest, popular claims of the left are.

I have little respect for Joy Reid or Maxine Waters. I think they both
exhibit reverse racism. Both are black. Does that mean I am a racist?

wrote:

[...]

played around on, and she to do the same playing around.Â* Who
[...]

How much of that Vietnam budget went to the rich? (Dow, Dupont,
General Dynamics, Boeing, Raytheon) We understand it was the poor who
were dying. Rich kids who served, were in the rear with the gear or
they just dodged the draft altogether.

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 11:34:09 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

It's sad that someone with your intelligence so easily buys into
whatever the latest, popular claims of the left are.

I have little respect for Joy Reid or Maxine Waters. I think they both
exhibit reverse racism. Both are black. Does that mean I am a racist?

Of course you are racist, you disagreed with Harry didn't you?

wrote:

[...]

I have little respect for Joy Reid or Maxine Waters.Â* I think they both
exhibit reverse racism.Â* Both are black.Â* Does that mean I am a racist?

No, I don't believe you are a racist. But I think most of Trump's "base"
supporters are.

So, when is George W. Bush... Boater General 20 October 31st 08 05:53 AM
Well done George W. Bush, all sailors owe you a big thanks. Joe ASA 3 June 17th 06 12:03 AM
George Bush does good!!! Jonathan Ganz ASA 12 November 3rd 05 12:53 AM
Why George Bush? JG ASA 10 March 1st 05 01:02 AM
Democrat Youngstown Mayor George McKelvey Endorses President George W. Bush P.Fritz General 0 August 25th 04 03:02 PM