Default Huh. George Bush ain't that bad of a guy after all...

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:46:24 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back at history and thought he could have done some great things. One thing about him was he could sure deliver a great speech...

I am not as convinced. He was an arrogant jerk who almost destroyed
the world for no real reason and his brother shredded the
constitution. Other than that I suppose he did look good on TV.

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 01:07:00 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Tim wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back at history and
thought he could have done some great things. One thing about him was he
could sure deliver a great speech...

He was not a real successful President. But he would most likely not have
used Tonkin Gulf as an excuse to crank up the war. I heard he was trying
to get us out of the debacle.

"Trying" in a "put in more troops" sort of way. I agree LBJ was worse,
turning a little regional civil war into a massive debacle that killed
65000 Americans and millions of Vietnamese.
Cuba was a total disaster from start to finish. The "missile crisis"
was totally unnecessary and after almost blowing up the world, we
ended up with the deal Krushchev wanted in the first place.
We pulled our old missiles out of Turkey and agreed not to put new
ones back. That was the object of the exercise and in the end that was
what happened. In the mean time Kennedy's ego and stupidity almost
started WWIII. He did not know that there were already tactical nukes
in Cuba, ready to go and he also did not know the subs had nuclear
torpedoes on board. One political officer stopped the nuclear
holocaust by telling a sub captain not to fire after we attacked his
boat.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back at history and thought he could have done some great things. One thing about him was he could sure deliver a great speech...

I am not as convinced. He was an arrogant jerk who almost destroyed
the world for no real reason and his brother shredded the
constitution. Other than that I suppose he did look good on TV.

you may be right. I was 7 yrs old when he was assassinated. I'm looking far into retrospect.

wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back at history and
thought he could have done some great things. One thing about him was
he could sure deliver a great speech...

I am not as convinced. He was an arrogant jerk who almost destroyed
the world for no real reason and his brother shredded the
constitution. Other than that I suppose he did look good on TV.

you may be right. I was 7 yrs old when he was assassinated. I'm looking
far into retrospect.

Camelot. Since he really screwed the pooch in his short time as
President, but looked good, talked well, had a nice looking wife (who he
played around on, and she to do the same playing around. Who the press
seemed to overlook) and killed. The presidency was glossed up.

wrote:

[...]

There was a very good chance that he was going to lose the 64
election. That is why he was in Dallas in the first place, trying to
get the solid southern democrat vote back.

wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back at history and
thought he could have done some great things. One thing about him was
he could sure deliver a great speech...

I am not as convinced. He was an arrogant jerk who almost destroyed
the world for no real reason and his brother shredded the
constitution. Other than that I suppose he did look good on TV.

you may be right. I was 7 yrs old when he was assassinated. I'm looking
far into retrospect.

If the Kennedys were Repubs, Fretwell would be praising their virtues.

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back at history and
thought he could have done some great things. One thing about him was
he could sure deliver a great speech...

I am not as convinced. He was an arrogant jerk who almost destroyed
the world for no real reason and his brother shredded the
constitution. Other than that I suppose he did look good on TV.

you may be right. I was 7 yrs old when he was assassinated. I'm looking
far into retrospect.

If the Kennedys were Repubs, Fretwell would be praising their virtues.

And you would be Dissing them.

wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:55:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
Both, one literally, the other figuratively but there is no comparison
in what they accomplished. Kennedy's main claim to fame was ****ing
Marilyn Monroe and getting shot.

Jack was taken out way too early. Shame too. I look back at history and
thought he could have done some great things. One thing about him was
he could sure deliver a great speech...

I am not as convinced. He was an arrogant jerk who almost destroyed
the world for no real reason and his brother shredded the
constitution. Other than that I suppose he did look good on TV.

you may be right. I was 7 yrs old when he was assassinated. I'm looking
far into retrospect.

If the Kennedys were Repubs, Fretwell would be praising their virtues.

Not likely, it is personal with me. If you are running an illegal wire
tap on a residential phone, in an attempt to pierce the lawyer client
privilege, I won't like you no matter what party you are in.
BTW you don't hear a lot of praise from me about either Bush or even
Reagan. Ford may be the last GOP president I actually had a lot of
respect for and Chevy Chase killed him.

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Lose to who?

We might have actually seen Nixon again but Goldwater had a much
better chance against a live JFK than LBJ over the body of a dead
president.
By September of 63 K's approval ratings had fallen to the lowest in
his presidency and there was not even anyone from the GOP reminding us
how bad things were going. I was in DC every day at that time 2 blocks
from his house. The blood was in the water.

Lose to who?

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

wrote:

[...]

whom?

So, when is George W. Bush... Boater General 20 October 31st 08 05:53 AM
Well done George W. Bush, all sailors owe you a big thanks. Joe ASA 3 June 17th 06 12:03 AM
George Bush does good!!! Jonathan Ganz ASA 12 November 3rd 05 12:53 AM
Why George Bush? JG ASA 10 March 1st 05 01:02 AM
Democrat Youngstown Mayor George McKelvey Endorses President George W. Bush P.Fritz General 0 August 25th 04 03:02 PM