Default Far OT for my creative friends.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:09:11 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/17/18 9:57 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:05:55 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 19:58:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

Its Me wrote:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 7:06:33 AM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:40:44 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 18:54:03 -0500, John H
wrote:

No way would I ever buy one. I see people at the range with those things and laugh my ass off.
They'll shine them at a target and watch them bounce around. In a few seconds they must get
embarrassed and shut 'em off. Never to be seen again.
Lasers are not intended for slow fire bullseye shooting. They are
really for quick point and shoot situations or times when you can't
establish your normal hold or sight picture. (weak hand shooting from
behind cover or something)
I had one on my Ruger KP90 for a while and took it off. It seemed like
more of a distraction than a help. This was an early one that did not
really have great switch operation tho. I forgot about it until now.
That might be a good laser to play with for this project.
I think folks are fooled by the movies. They see the little red dot show up on someone's forehead or
chest, very still and perfectly centered, and think, "By damn, that's what I need!"
Saw a show last night with a person "on the run" in a town square, and a still red dot appeared on his chest. A guy came up to him and told him a sniper had him in his sights so he'd better give up the goods.

Heh. At long range a sniper would *not* be using a red dot. Of course, Hollywood suppressors also barely make a sound. Limousine liberals believe all this stuff.
Many real suppressors barely make a sound. You just hear the action of
the firearm unlike the strange sound they use in movies.
They don't all go 'phhhhttt'?

You would think so. It must be a stock soundbite they all share.

A "recycle bin" suppressor for a .22rf sounds about like my CO2 BB
gun. That is a piece on 1.5" PVC pipe, caps and a hand full of milk
bottle caps. I have to believe the one Harry has several hundred
dollars in must be quieter.

On a CZ bolt action .22LR rifle with my "Sparrow" suppressor, CCI
"standard velocity" subsonic ammo produces a sound not unlike the
proverbial "pffffft." On my CZ semi-auto rifle, the same suppressor and
ammo setup produces a sound like an office electric staple gun. It does
not produce a sound like an ammo retort. Most of the noise comes from
the action of the bolt. The latter is very similar to the sound produced
by semi-auto .22LR pistols...the bolt action is louder than the round.

This is a good video on the Sparrow...and at the end, instead of
shooting at steel targets, he shoots into a dirt bank and you can "hear"
how little noise is produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGXW5tp71Q

Here's the suppressor I'm getting for my CZ SCORP. This guy has it
mounted on an SBR, which I do not have... the actual testing starts
around 2:39 into the video. The last ammo tested is 158 grain
subsonic...and it is damned quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nstV2MHhp4o

These things still post fairly significant dB numbers but it is such a
soft rise and fall that you don't notice. It is like the white noise
in a computer room. It never occurs to you that is loud in there until
you have an EPO event that shuts everything down in an instant.

On 1/18/18 11:32 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:09:11 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

At least with the smaller calibers I use, you can skip the ear
protection if you are out on a range and either everyone has a
suppressor or you are alone, and that is nice. Part of the "secret" is
to use subsonic ammo. I've tried a few different brands in .22LR, and I
don't notice any significant difference in output between the CCI
Standard Velocity and the more expensive and heavier "suppressor" ammo.
In fact, even though I have tons of copper plated rounds, I shoot the
SV's almost exclusively. It's really nice general purpose target ammo,
and it is very accurate for me at 50 yards and pretty good at 100 yards.
The local indoor range is 50 yards max.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:43:24 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/18/18 11:32 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:09:11 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Is that the range where you outshoot all the cops? Fred's?

Hello All my friends New Embroidery Designs Cruising 0 January 24th 12 02:15 PM
Creative nerds JohnH[_5_] General 0 October 2nd 09 04:34 PM
Hii.. Friends magi ASA 0 March 17th 08 02:28 PM
Creative ways to get something for nothing. Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 29 May 29th 07 01:30 PM
Creative ways to get something for nothing. Wilbur Hubbard ASA 32 May 29th 07 01:30 PM