Default Flurries

wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 16:05:40 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 23:50:34 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 12:24:30 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

This was many years ago ... late 80's and I agree, the guy probably
didn't understand what a CE cert even meant. He was just a guy with a
badge, throwing his weight around.

The "badge" thing always amazed me. We just had a state issued photo
ID. I still have mine and since my last contract had an open end date,
I still may be "working".
They haven't called in 16 years so it has not been very lucrative for
me tho. ;-)

It would be interesting what my hourly rate has climbed to. There was
a built in increase that took me from the original $40 an hour in 1995
to $58.50 in 2000. Just counting on my fingers, that may be around
$125 an hour.
Rick, give me a call, I will go.

I think my AUSPAC inspector SIL gets $120/hour minimum 4 hours.

Him or the company?

Him. He is the corporation. Most of the AUSPAC seem to be self employed.

Great gig.

No paid vacations. ;(

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 00:45:36 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

That is the way life is on the 1099. No bennies at all and you need to
pay all of your own taxes but you do get to take first dollar expenses
on a schedule C instead if the percentage deal on a 2106. If you have
a sharp pencil, that is a pretty good deduction. Usually you can take
home office and all of those costs, car expenses, phones, PCs etc.
Your health insurance is deductible too.
All of that and you can still take the new doubled standard deduction.
A schedule C is separate from the Schedule A.