Default FAA does it again

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx

"On December 12, 2017, President Trump signed legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling
in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, including for AMA
members.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has pushed for a more reasonable
threshold. While we address these issues, members will be legally required to comply with the FAA
registration requirement."

Glad I wasn't one of the those who wrote FAA for a refund and cancellation of my number. But, I have
to admit I've not been doing much flying lately anyway!

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 07:36:13 -0500, John H
wrote:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx

"On December 12, 2017, President Trump signed legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling
in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, including for AMA
members.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has pushed for a more reasonable
threshold. While we address these issues, members will be legally required to comply with the FAA
registration requirement."

Glad I wasn't one of the those who wrote FAA for a refund and cancellation of my number. But, I have
to admit I've not been doing much flying lately anyway!

I got my number for free during the initial offering but I don't have
a drone yet. I am still not sure why I want one..

wrote:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx

"On December 12, 2017, President Trump signed legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling
in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, including for AMA
members.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has pushed for a more reasonable
threshold. While we address these issues, members will be legally required to comply with the FAA
registration requirement."

Glad I wasn't one of the those who wrote FAA for a refund and cancellation of my number. But, I have
to admit I've not been doing much flying lately anyway!

I got my number for free during the initial offering but I don't have
a drone yet. I am still not sure why I want one..

There's always electric trains...

wrote:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx

"On December 12, 2017, President Trump signed legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling
in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, including for AMA
members.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has pushed for a more reasonable
threshold. While we address these issues, members will be legally required to comply with the FAA
registration requirement."

Glad I wasn't one of the those who wrote FAA for a refund and cancellation of my number. But, I have
to admit I've not been doing much flying lately anyway!

I got my number for free during the initial offering but I don't have
a drone yet. I am still not sure why I want one..

I justified mine by doing my own roof inspection.

Actually, a co-worker had some roof damage from a storm, and when the roofing company came out to quote the work, they used a drone to inspect the damage. Easier and safer than a ladder.

wrote:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx

"On December 12, 2017, President Trump signed legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling
in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, including for AMA
members.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has pushed for a more reasonable
threshold. While we address these issues, members will be legally required to comply with the FAA
registration requirement."

Glad I wasn't one of the those who wrote FAA for a refund and cancellation of my number. But, I have
to admit I've not been doing much flying lately anyway!

I got my number for free during the initial offering but I don't have
a drone yet. I am still not sure why I want one..

There's always electric trains...

I have a G gauge going around the house but I am not sure what that
has to do with drones.

wrote:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx

"On December 12, 2017, President Trump signed legislation that will
reverse the earlier court ruling
in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration
requirement, including for AMA
members.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has
pushed for a more reasonable
threshold. While we address these issues, members will be legally
required to comply with the FAA
registration requirement."

Glad I wasn't one of the those who wrote FAA for a refund and
cancellation of my number. But, I have
to admit I've not been doing much flying lately anyway!

I got my number for free during the initial offering but I don't have
a drone yet. I am still not sure why I want one..

I justified mine by doing my own roof inspection.Â*

Actually, a co-worker had some roof damage from a storm, and when the
roofing company came out to quote the work, they used a drone to
inspect the damage.Â* Easier and safer than a ladder.

Pretty cool.

Now if they could only come out with an inexpensive drone powerful
enough to lift some of the people here .... including me. Don't like
ladders.

wrote:

[...]

enough to lift some of the people hereÂ* .... including me.Â* Don't like
ladders.

Maybe Sikorsky down in Stratford will sell you last year's demo model...

wrote:

[...]

I am not afraid of ladders but I can get up on my roof without one.
The edge is only about 7-8' off the ground.
I might play with a drone out in the mangroves but if it went down it
is probably gone forever.

wrote:

[...]

Memories. Used to drive by there often when I lived in Woodbridge and
then visited there several times years later while in business for some
technical discussions.