Default You Navy guys do this?

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

On 11/22/2017 2:44 PM, John H wrote:

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

We did the "gas chamber" in boot camp in 1968. Getting sprayed with
pepper spray came years later and usually only for those ratings that
stood regular shore patrol watches.

The Navy still does the CS tear gas chamber but I don't remember having
to stay in the room without a mask for as long as these guys did in this
video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xARfES6o0oE

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:24:07 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 11/22/2017 2:44 PM, John H wrote:

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

We did the "gas chamber" in boot camp in 1968. Getting sprayed with
pepper spray came years later and usually only for those ratings that
stood regular shore patrol watches.

The Navy still does the CS tear gas chamber but I don't remember having
to stay in the room without a mask for as long as these guys did in this
video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xARfES6o0oE

We had the two minutes or so, but instead of masking again, they ran us outside.

John H wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:24:07 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 11/22/2017 2:44 PM, John H wrote:

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

We did the "gas chamber" in boot camp in 1968. Getting sprayed with
pepper spray came years later and usually only for those ratings that
stood regular shore patrol watches.

The Navy still does the CS tear gas chamber but I don't remember having
to stay in the room without a mask for as long as these guys did in this
video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xARfES6o0oE

We had the two minutes or so, but instead of masking again, they ran us outside.

I remember a great picture of my brother from is basic training class. He
is the focal point coming out of the tear gas chamber. Another point for
the Air Force. We did not do any gas training.

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:44:56 -0500, John H
wrote:

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

Nothing like that in the Coast Guard and the Norfolk cops did not have
spray. They just beat the **** out of you.

wrote:

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

Nothing like that in the Coast Guard and the Norfolk cops did not have
spray. They just beat the **** out of you.

The Coast Guard now does pepper spray as part of side arm
qualifications. My grandson recently went through it.

wrote:

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

Nothing like that in the Coast Guard and the Norfolk cops did not have
spray. They just beat the **** out of you.

The Coast Guard now does pepper spray as part of side arm
qualifications. My grandson recently went through it.

One of my grandsons was considering the Coast Guard. He wanted to be a Coast Guard officer. But he
called last night and informed me he got accepted to Auburn. I suppose the Coast Guard is taking a
back seat for now.

wrote:

We did CS (tear gas) but never did the pepper spray drill:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...y-3-years.html

Nothing like that in the Coast Guard and the Norfolk cops did not have
spray. They just beat the **** out of you.

The Coast Guard now does pepper spray as part of side arm
qualifications. My grandson recently went through it.

I am really not surprised. They have changed from a search and rescue
operation to a police force. I suppose that is really just a throw
back to their roots. They were originally enforcing federal import tax
laws and stopping smugglers in "Revenue Cutters".
That is probably the service that changed missions the most in the US
over the years. When I was there we were doing missions that the Navy
should have been doing and that started in WWII, continuing up into
the 70s. I had a shield on my sleeve but I was really in the Navy
Reserve.
The CG does not even have FTs now from what I can tell.

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 08:26:45 -0500, John H
wrote:

One of my grandsons was considering the Coast Guard. He wanted to be a Coast Guard officer. But he
called last night and informed me he got accepted to Auburn. I suppose the Coast Guard is taking a
back seat for now.

I was accepted to 3 universities when I went into the CG. Money was a
big issue but I also had the draft to think about. At least that is
not going to be a problem for him. I do think people will take college
more seriously after being in the military, particularly if you have
been in military schools. We only have to look at the original GI bill
students to see that.
You also get GI Bill money.

Navy guys. John H.[_5_] General 2 January 26th 16 09:39 PM
Wind guys versus bat guys... John H[_11_] General 19 December 16th 09 01:26 AM
A great short film - Navy guys, WAKE UP! Tim General 0 September 3rd 09 04:59 PM
Yo Navy and Marine guys... John H.[_5_] General 4 September 20th 08 03:47 PM