SaltWaterJunkie

Default IRC Rating question

We are preparing our IRC application. Now I have the option to choose the
"comfort" level of our boat. I would like to know what the distinctions are
between the various levels, in order to know which one is most optimal for
us. Who has some insight into this?

For those wondering why we care... The comfort level is used to apply a
cruising credit to boats. Therefor, the more comfortable the boat, the lower
the IRC rating. However, if we will not comply to the requirements of a
comfortable class we will not bring stuff like TV, heater etc. which we are
not using during racing anyway.

Best regards,

Harald