Default Talk about gouging..

True North wrote:
Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing.
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243

Why does Canaduh rely on US oil and gasoline?

---

True North wrote:
On Saturday, 2 September 2017 13:08:10 UTC-3, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
On Saturday, 2 September 2017 10:26:42 UTC-3, John H wrote:
On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 06:18:04 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing.
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243
Why don't you have your own refineries and not be so dependent on the USA?
Duh...we do Johnny. Ever hear of Irving in Saint John NS?
The last one in Nova Scotia was closed a couple years ago and now is just a tank farm.

Closed? Too expensive to bring crude in by ship? You can't be
independant and make cheap gas if you don't have a refinary. You
have to settle for what the U.S. gives you. So shut up snd be
grateful for what we give you.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

The US gives us diddly. We were getting our crude from South America when the Imperial Oil refinery was still operating but as far as I can tell we buy it wherever we can now. The Feds want to extend a pipeling from Alberta to Montreal, the rest of the way to Saint John, New Brunswick. That might fix our supply situation but the prices are set either against a New York benchmark or a European benchmark...whichever makes more money for the oil company.

pipeling?

Seems like this is as screwed up as your healthcare.

---

On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 22:18:19 -0400, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing.
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243

Why does Canaduh rely on US oil and gasoline?

---

So they'll have something to whine about when a problem develops.

On Saturday, 2 September 2017 23:18:26 UTC-3, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:
Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing..
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243

Why does Canaduh rely on US oil and gasoline?

---

You and JohnnyMop take the same brand of stupid pills?
We don't get our gas from y'all, we sell you ours. Irving Oil sends a lot down to Maine and I'm sure other New England states. The problem is, the oil people use any excuse to gouge us. The excuse is..if we don't pay through the nose, they can export our share for Yankee dohhahs.

True North wrote:
Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing.
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243

Why does Canaduh rely on US oil and gasoline?

---

You and JohnnyMop take the same brand of stupid pills?
We don't get our gas from y'all, we sell you ours. Irving Oil sends a lot down to Maine and I'm sure other New England states. The problem is, the oil people use any excuse to gouge us. The excuse is..if we don't pay through the nose, they can export our share for Yankee dohhahs.

Then why all the whining? Sounds like you Canadians are f'ing yourselves. Bitch at your fellow
Canadians about your 'sneezing'. And learn to spell 'dollars'.

True North wrote:
Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing.
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243

Why does Canaduh rely on US oil and gasoline?

---

You and JohnnyMop take the same brand of stupid pills?
We don't get our gas from y'all, we sell you ours. Irving Oil sends a lot down to Maine and I'm sure other New England states. The problem is, the oil people use any excuse to gouge us. The excuse is..if we don't pay through the nose, they can export our share for Yankee dohhahs.

What's a "dohhahs"? Ya'll sure talk funny up there.

I'm sure it does hurt, though. With your taxes, you're paying what.. $6 US a gallon?

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

The irving refinery produces about 16% of your consumption but you
actually export 4 times as much oil as you import. The difference is
you are importing sweet light crude and you are exporting the sludge
you get from the oil sands.

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

We did export quite a bit from oil rigs offshore in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland in addition to natural gas. The wells seem to be drying up a bit now so not sure what the future holds. BTW Saskatchewan also claims to export oil, and it's not the sludge we usually dump on the US.

True North wrote:
Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing.
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243

Why does Canaduh rely on US oil and gasoline?

---

You and JohnnyMop take the same brand of stupid pills?
We don't get our gas from y'all, we sell you ours. Irving Oil sends a lot down to Maine and I'm sure other New England states. The problem is, the oil people use any excuse to gouge us. The excuse is..if we don't pay through the nose, they can export our share for Yankee dohhahs.

It looks like most of the gouging is done be the federal, provincial
and local government. For you it looks like 10c to the feds, 15c to
the province and another 15% sales tax per liter on top of all of
that.

True North wrote:
Here we go again...y'all catch a cold down there and we end up sneezing.
Why the 'ell are all your refineries in a storm path?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ause-1.4273243

Why does Canaduh rely on US oil and gasoline?

---

You and JohnnyMop take the same brand of stupid pills?
We don't get our gas from y'all, we sell you ours. Irving Oil sends a lot down to Maine and I'm sure other New England states. The problem is, the oil people use any excuse to gouge us. The excuse is..if we don't pay through the nose, they can export our share for Yankee dohhahs.

It looks like most of the gouging is done be the federal, provincial
and local government. For you it looks like 10c to the feds, 15c to
the province and another 15% sales tax per liter on top of all of
that.

Yup. It seems to be in their interests to see the price per liter go up in relation to the 15% HST.

TED Talk on... X ` Man[_3_] General 51 June 24th 12 02:33 AM
So, while y'all have been gouging at each other.... Tim General 47 September 30th 10 11:53 PM
gas gouging being good economics [email protected] General 15 September 14th 08 04:25 AM