Default TED Talk on...

....income inequality among nations and the society havoc caused by
massive inequality.

TED is an interesting presentation of talks on a number of subjects by
recognized experts in many fields.

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

For those who can actually think, it's an eye opener.

On 6/14/2012 9:49 AM, X ` Man wrote:
...income inequality among nations and the society havoc caused by
massive inequality.

TED is an interesting presentation of talks on a number of subjects by
recognized experts in many fields.

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

For those who can actually think, it's an eye opener.

The solution is simple. The poor need to work harder and the rich should
stifle their entrepreneurial tendencies. Eventually we will reach
equilibrium. Does that work for you Krausie baby?

On 6/14/2012 9:19 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 6/14/2012 9:49 AM, X ` Man wrote:
...income inequality among nations and the society havoc caused by
massive inequality.

TED is an interesting presentation of talks on a number of subjects by
recognized experts in many fields.

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

For those who can actually think, it's an eye opener.

The solution is simple. The poor need to work harder and the rich should
stifle their entrepreneurial tendencies. Eventually we will reach
equilibrium. Does that work for you Krausie baby?

Sounds pretty good! I'm getting tired of 55 to 65 hr work weeks
with no vacation for the last 10 yrs.
Now, how exactly do we get the bums that hang around the marina to work?

Mikek

On 6/14/2012 9:49 AM, X ` Man wrote:
...income inequality among nations and the society havoc caused by
massive inequality.

TED is an interesting presentation of talks on a number of subjects by
recognized experts in many fields.

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

For those who can actually think, it's an eye opener.

The solution is simple. The poor need to work harder and the rich should
stifle their entrepreneurial tendencies. Eventually we will reach
equilibrium. Does that work for you Krausie baby?

Sounds pretty good! I'm getting tired of 55 to 65 hr work weeks
with no vacation for the last 10 yrs.
Now, how exactly do we get the bums that hang around the marina to work?

Mikek

The disclaimer on my original post said it was for those who could
actually think. It was from TED, after all. Oscar, obviously, was
reaching and, as usual, his reach exceeded his grasp.

On 6/14/2012 9:49 AM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

Let's see an original thought from you, on topic. Oh wait. You've
already disqualified yourself.

On 6/14/2012 9:49 AM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

I have watched a bunch of those talks over the he last few years.
Some that come to mind are a couple by Dan Ariely and one where guys
glide down the fiords in winged suits.
I bought Dan's book called Predictably Irrational.
Mikek

On 6/14/2012 9:49 AM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

The TED symposiums and presenters typically are all first-rate.
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:49:35 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

...income inequality among nations and the society havoc caused by
massive inequality.

TED is an interesting presentation of talks on a number of subjects by
recognized experts in many fields.

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

For those who can actually think, it's an eye opener.

Harry, look for the one with Nick Hanauer. A venture capitalist "job
creator" admitting the truth about hiring and the disparity between
rich and poor.

Mobility is near dead in the US. Dozens of countries offer more
mobility to those willing to work hard and risk.

wrote:

...income inequality among nations and the society havoc caused by
massive inequality.

TED is an interesting presentation of talks on a number of subjects
by
recognized experts in many fields.

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

For those who can actually think, it's an eye opener.

Harry, look for the one with Nick Hanauer. A venture capitalist "job
creator" admitting the truth about hiring and the disparity between
rich and poor.

Mobility is near dead in the US. Dozens of countries offer more
mobility to those willing to work hard and risk.

Risk what? Most people who ultimately achieve some level of
achievement or what we used to call
"success" don't view working hard at it as a "risk". They view it
as an opportunity.

Our culture has become overly influenced by the "instant
gratification" mentality. "If I exist, I deserve" type
of thinking. I have seen it exhibited often by newly hatched
graduates. The ink isn't even dry on their
sheepskin and they can't understand why employers aren't beating their
door down with offers of high
paying jobs or positions.

Ya hafta pay your dues in life and you only fail when you give up
trying.

Eisboch

wrote:

[...]

The most important thing a new grad can do these days is get a job, any
decent job, keep updating the resume, network like crazy, and jump to
better jobs as they come along. There's little reason these days to be
any more "loyal" to a "for=profit" corporation than it will be to an
employee. *Never* trust a "for-profit" employer, not these days, not
since the death of the social compact in the Reagan Administration.

Ted Nugent jps General 2 February 5th 10 12:57 AM
Ted Kennedy -- a Remembrance Robert of St Louis General 2 August 31st 09 04:45 PM
Ted Kennedy on Immigration Ted General 12 June 27th 07 06:01 PM
Ted Bell banned! Jonathan ASA 3 February 4th 07 01:42 AM
Ted Hood and the CS27??? Capt. Rob ASA 5 July 14th 06 10:20 AM