Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gary Warner

Default After 2.5 years we got her started this weekend...

As many of you know, we've been working for the last 2+ years
on Delilah, our 1958 22' Chris-Craft. She still hasn't seen the water
but on Saturday we started the engine for the first time. That was
a big milestone after having had the engine out, putting in some
new valves, having the carb, water pump, head, and "everything else"
all apart. She started right up and purred beautifully.

The only problem was the water pump seems to be trying to pump
in the wrong direction. It's a gear pump that drives right off the
engine (no belt). I'm guessing that the two gears in there were just
put in backwards. This should be very easy to fix.

Last week we also ordered our axels and such, so in a few weeks we
can start making a trailer. We though we'd have her in this year...but
now it really looks like NEXT year we can finally have some fun on the
water.

Thanks for all the help I've received here!!
Gary

70 deg. this weekend upstate ny scottht General 3 October 7th 03 05:21 AM
Great Weekend in the San Juans...except for... JR North General 9 October 2nd 03 01:01 AM
Great weekend Paul General 3 September 16th 03 08:30 PM
Good weekend, except for one little cover problem. Calif Bill General 0 July 30th 03 05:18 AM
Retro Oiling Weekend. Clams Canino General 2 July 23rd 03 01:24 AM