Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

On 5/25/17 3:47 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 12:59:07 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 11:52:42 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 06:55:10 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Heh. One of the reasons I got out of RV'ing. Too many things to worry
about. I've grown to really like simplicity.

First blow out I had was on the christening voyage to Florida in a brand
new Pace Arrow Class A motorhome. Inner tire on rear blew.
Spent the night in a truck repair parking lot while the replacement was
ordered and delivered.

Pace Arrow was a piece of crap, BTW.

If you go often and go on short trips like John, the RV thing may be
worthwhile but for the once or twice a year guy, a first class plane
ticket, a rental car and a real nice hotel is a lot cheaper.

We leave on 8 June for the 'Bean Blossom Bluegrass Festival' in Bean Blossom, IN. That's about 650
miles, which, I suppose, is pretty short.

We are going to North Carolina next week but that is still farther
than I want to drive. I am not sure how far it is but I am guessing
about 700-750.
It is a non stop flight from RSW to CLT so we are flying. Last time we
were on our way to DC with $600 worth of illegal fireworks so we drove
but we flew home.

My wife drove to Florida and back twice this year and says I-95 in NC is
now the worst on the trip, and "second-worst" is I-95 in SC. The problem
with Virginia is the horrendous traffic between Fairfax County and south
of Richmond. That's why we cut over to Waldorf and take 301 south to a
bit past Ft. AP Hill.

On 5/25/2017 3:39 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 11:45:29 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/25/2017 11:29 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 06:25:42 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 17:16:05 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 13:34:15 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The Altima I drive now has a cool feature. If you leave the ignition on
(but engine off) when adding air to a tire, the car horn will beep when
the tire is at 32 psi. Don't need a tire gauge.

I am not convinced these things are that accurate.

It's not spot on accuracy I worry about. It's losing 10-20 lbs rapidly, or the temperature
increasing rapidly that worries me. I like the idea of a warning alarm when either occurs.

That is what the sensor is meant to do. I still want to use a real
gauge to inflate them.

I checked the readings given by my car display with a dial type gauge
that I have used for years. It's a fairly expensive one that holds the
reading until you push a button on the side to release the pressure
within the gauge.

Anyway, dead nuts with the Nissan system readings as near as I can tell.
The Nissan display reads in 10ths of a psi. Can't resolve it that well
with the expensive dial gauge.

I am just relating my experience with whatever Ford was buying some
years ago.

Actually, I fu'ked up. It doesn't display in tenths. I must have been
thinking of the average fuel mileage display.

I just took a ride to the store and put the dashboard display on the
tire pressures. It shows a graphic of a car frame and all four tires
and their pressures. When I left the driveway they were reading 32, 32,
32 and 31. The 31 reading came up to 32 within about 2 miles. Within 5
miles they were all reading 33 psi.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Back in the old days, 700 miles in a day was no big deal. Hell, I've done 900 on my damn motorcycle.
Now I don't think I'd try more than 400 on the motorcycle and maybe 500 with the truck and trailer.

On Thu, 25 May 2017 13:21:05 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

wrote:

Pace Arrow was a piece of crap, BTW.

===

Intereresting. I've always thought they looked pretty good when I've
seen them on the road. Who would you recommend instead?

---
http://www.avg.com

These Allegros get very high marks. Also expensive.

http://www.tiffinmotorhomes.com/allegro

The folks we go with frequently have a Winnebago Journey:

https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...urney/overview

They've had some problems, but are overall pretty happy with the rig. Both of those are diesel
pushers, which adds to the cost and the quality of the coach.

Me, I prefer a 5th wheel and a pickup. Motorhomes, like Luddite said, can become a big pain in the
butt, and you still need something to get around in once you're at the campsite. I have yet to see
an advantage to a motorhome which justifies all the extra costs. Yeah, wife can cook or take a nap
on the go.

Not legally, she can't. You can get away with it unless there's an
accident.

Oh, I didn't know that. You're talking about cooking or sleeping in the back? I suppose the seat
belt laws would prevent either. Good point. Hadn't thought about it in that light. That leaves ease
of backing into a campsite about the only advantage. But, if you've got a toad you've got to drop
that first anyway. Oh well.

Tire pressure indicators RCE General 6 April 1st 06 02:28 AM
Tire pressure indicators katekebo General 6 March 31st 06 09:09 AM
Tire pressure indicators Bishoop General 0 March 30th 06 07:24 PM
Battery Monitoring System Aquaholic Cruising 1 March 22nd 06 01:56 PM
DIY - boat monitoring system Mic Cruising 2 September 19th 05 04:05 AM