Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

On Thu, 25 May 2017 07:00:38 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/25/2017 6:52 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:

Our toyotas show individual tire pressures. Accurate, too...checked it a
couple of times with a good tire pressure gauge.

Maybe Greg will eventually become a believer that *some* technological
advances actually work pretty well. :-)

If I didn't make a pretty good living fixing those technological
advances I would not be as skeptical. The problem is not how well they
work, it is when you start depending on them too much and they fail.
As I recently said of the autonomous car, it will give a whole new
meaning to the "blue screen of death".

On Thu, 25 May 2017 06:55:10 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Pace Arrow was a piece of crap, BTW.

===

Intereresting. I've always thought they looked pretty good when I've
seen them on the road. Who would you recommend instead?

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

Pace Arrow was a piece of crap, BTW.

===

Intereresting. I've always thought they looked pretty good when I've
seen them on the road. Who would you recommend instead?

---
http://www.avg.com

At the risk of offending some, anything other than an RV made by Fleetwood.

When Pace Arrow was really Pace Arrow back in the old days, it was
considered to be a high-end, quality built RV or motorhome. That's what
I remembered. But somewhere in it's history it was acquired by
Fleetwood. That's when they turned to crap.

In fairness, not all Fleetwood RV's are bad. The higher end diesel
pushers, etc. are popular and apparently don't suffer from the poor
quality that the one I had suffered from.

wrote:

Pace Arrow was a piece of crap, BTW.

===

Intereresting. I've always thought they looked pretty good when I've
seen them on the road. Who would you recommend instead?

---
http://www.avg.com

These Allegros get very high marks. Also expensive.

http://www.tiffinmotorhomes.com/allegro

The folks we go with frequently have a Winnebago Journey:

https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...urney/overview

They've had some problems, but are overall pretty happy with the rig. Both of those are diesel
pushers, which adds to the cost and the quality of the coach.

Me, I prefer a 5th wheel and a pickup. Motorhomes, like Luddite said, can become a big pain in the
butt, and you still need something to get around in once you're at the campsite. I have yet to see
an advantage to a motorhome which justifies all the extra costs. Yeah, wife can cook or take a nap
on the go. Not worth it to me. My wife seems to have little trouble sleeping in the Silverado.

wrote:

Pace Arrow was a piece of crap, BTW.

===

Intereresting. I've always thought they looked pretty good when I've
seen them on the road. Who would you recommend instead?

---
http://www.avg.com

At the risk of offending some, anything other than an RV made by Fleetwood.

When Pace Arrow was really Pace Arrow back in the old days, it was
considered to be a high-end, quality built RV or motorhome. That's what
I remembered. But somewhere in it's history it was acquired by
Fleetwood. That's when they turned to crap.

In fairness, not all Fleetwood RV's are bad. The higher end diesel
pushers, etc. are popular and apparently don't suffer from the poor
quality that the one I had suffered from.

Doesn't matter what you buy , they all have issues. The consumer
is the quality control. It's not like buying a car.

Small, wooden blocks glued to a skinny, painted metal stiffener that the
side panels are screwed to with what amounted to sheet rock screws isn't
my idea of quality. Nor was a rubber gas line feeding the generator
that made a 90 degree turn across the frame that had been cut with an
oxygen/acetylene torch and left with all the rough slag that was
chaffing through the gas line. Nor was the stupid painted plastic that
is used for the entire front and grill that was so rough any attempt to
wax it only left white wax residue that was impossible to remove.

Nor was the brake line that let go in less than 6 months causing it to
have to be towed away with a gigantic tow truck.

Who can forget the melted ice cream?

Other than that, it was pretty good I guess. :-)

wrote:

[...]

Not legally, she can't. You can get away with it unless there's an
accident.

Tire pressure indicators RCE General 6 April 1st 06 02:28 AM
Tire pressure indicators katekebo General 6 March 31st 06 09:09 AM
Tire pressure indicators Bishoop General 0 March 30th 06 07:24 PM
Battery Monitoring System Aquaholic Cruising 1 March 22nd 06 01:56 PM
DIY - boat monitoring system Mic Cruising 2 September 19th 05 04:05 AM