BoatBanter.com

-   -   Law of Gravity (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/174210-law-gravity.html)

[email protected] April 30th 17 12:42 AM

Law of Gravity

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:49:01 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:29:00 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Poco Deplorevole Wrote in message:

"I was taking the dogs for a walk and in front of a house by the street were three rolls of carpet -
untrimmed. I unrolled one and it was brand new. I quick got the truck and loaded two rolls into the
back. Had to trim them to fit the garage, but now I have a nice light beige carpet covering both
sides. Dropped nuts don't roll or bounce."

Not to be a party pooper but does the company that underwrites your home
owner's insurance know about the wall to wall rugs in your garage? :-)

No, never told 'em. I wouldn't expect them to be covered for anything anyway. Both of them are full
of oil, grass, etc stains. But, screws and nuts still stay in one place when dropped.

I do the same thing but I use rug scraps. A 5x5 berber scrap does a
great job and you can move it to where you are working. Nobody wants
to sit or lay on concrete in Florida.
I can pressure clean it and hang it out to dry.

[email protected] April 30th 17 12:44 AM

Law of Gravity

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:11:01 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:52:13 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

I don't think you get what he's driving at.

Possibly not.

I was assuming a fire hazard. The code deals with ignition sources and
separation in a classified location. The fuel is assumed.

True North[_2_] April 30th 17 12:53 AM

Law of Gravity

JohnnyMop swishes his head...

"Remember Donnee...you reap what you sow."

WOW, JohnnyMop, I hope you're paying royalties to Wayne for using his line non stop.
Be careful not to wear it out...he may want it back someday.

Mr. Luddite April 30th 17 02:08 AM

Law of Gravity

wrote:

Not to be a party pooper but does the company that underwrites your home
owner's insurance know about the wall to wall rugs in your garage? :-)

The code pretty much gives up the garage., The fire wall is between
there and the house, particularly sleeping rooms. They can't share a
wall.

How about a garage ceiling that is just below the floor of a second
story bedroom?

Alex[_11_] April 30th 17 03:18 AM

Law of Gravity

True North wrote:
Poco Deplorevole
[...]

D'oh!
What if a fire started in that greasy carpet and caused considerable damage to your house?
Would your insurance company try to weasel out of paying up?

It would have to be excluded in his HOI policy. It's black and white -
no weaseling involved.

[email protected] April 30th 17 03:33 AM

Law of Gravity

wrote:

Not to be a party pooper but does the company that underwrites your home
owner's insurance know about the wall to wall rugs in your garage? :-)

The code pretty much gives up the garage., The fire wall is between
there and the house, particularly sleeping rooms. They can't share a
wall.

How about a garage ceiling that is just below the floor of a second
story bedroom?

It is required to be a 1 hr firewall and some places simply do not
allow it.

Poco Deplorevole April 30th 17 01:42 PM

Law of Gravity

wrote:

[...]

Same here, but my scraps are about 12'x15' and they don't get moved, cleaned, or hung out to dry. I
do run over them with the leaf blower and a vacuum every now and then though!

Poco Deplorevole April 30th 17 01:44 PM

Law of Gravity

wrote:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:52:13 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

I don't think you get what he's driving at.

Possibly not.

I was assuming a fire hazard. The code deals with ignition sources and
separation in a classified location. The fuel is assumed.

I suppose if I got them all greasy like Don does, then a fire hazard may exist. But they stay pretty
clean. They may get a drop or two of oil when oil gets changed, but that's about it. I doubt they're
any more flammable than the rugs in the house.

Poco Deplorevole April 30th 17 01:47 PM

Law of Gravity

wrote:

Not to be a party pooper but does the company that underwrites your home
owner's insurance know about the wall to wall rugs in your garage? :-)

The code pretty much gives up the garage., The fire wall is between
there and the house, particularly sleeping rooms. They can't share a
wall.

How about a garage ceiling that is just below the floor of a second
story bedroom?

Mine is. What's your point? You and Don are sounding like I douse the carpets in gas and oil every
day. I don't. They actually stay pretty clean. But, if a drop or two of oil leaks on them, I don't
worry about it.

Keyser Soze April 30th 17 01:56 PM

Law of Gravity

wrote:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:52:13 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

I don't think you get what he's driving at.

Possibly not.

I was assuming a fire hazard. The code deals with ignition sources and
separation in a classified location. The fuel is assumed.

I suppose if I got them all greasy like Don does, then a fire hazard may exist. But they stay pretty
clean. They may get a drop or two of oil when oil gets changed, but that's about it. I doubt they're
any more flammable than the rugs in the house.

Gee, I sure hope your nice wife gets out of the house when your garage
catches on fire. Immolation, however, would be a suitable ending for a
racist p.o.s. like you and it would prepare you for your eternity in
hell, if there is such a place.