Default Tarpon Fishing Fun

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 12:00:49 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 01:08:20 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 04:39:50 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

He never reached down to try to gill it or even grab it by the tail.
He just held it next to the boat for everyone to look at. One of his
buddies had a phone out taking pictures, then he cut the leader as
close to the fish as he could and the tarpon took off. It was pretty
cool watching him fight it tho. We had a number of spectacular jumps
and several runs. If the tarpon was smart enough to dive into the
mangroves he would have been long gone but it stayed right in the
middle of the river, running back and forth in as deep of water as it
could find. He had (what looked like) a 15 pound class spinning rod,
thinking he might get a sheep head or a trout, maybe a red.
I had seen him fishing on the way out with a dead shrimp on a bobber
and thinking he wasn't going to get anything but a catfish or two.

I was referring to the original video.

I never got that to play

===

I uploaded it to YouTube for you:

https://youtu.be/sZEgLn5HePw

Thanks. He already had a bloody arm so this must not have been his
first swing at it. It is an interesting way to fish. Sort of a spin on
noodling catfish. One of our buddies was noodling grouper in the keys
when he grabbed a moray. It turned out better than it could have but
he has a finger that will never be the same.

wrote:

[...]

I thought that was a bad, red, tattoo when I watched it.

Tarpon Fishing Report, Florida Keys Wayne B General 6 May 7th 12 06:25 AM
Costa Rica Tarpon report Calif Bill General 4 March 28th 08 11:52 PM
First Class Tarpon Story Gary General 3 March 22nd 05 07:25 PM
which is better - necky dolphin or wilderness tarpon 160 ? Jack Touring 0 October 2nd 03 05:10 PM
Wilderness Systems Tarpon vs Heritage sit on top Henry Donnelly General 0 September 30th 03 02:39 PM