Default Tarpon Fishing Report, Florida Keys

Fair warning: The subject line mentions fishing, not catching.

We've been down in the FL Keys now for over a week starting with 6
days docked in Key West while we waited out a spate of windy, rainy
weather. It was a good excuse to check out some of the various
musical venues however and quaff a few margaritas. It was song
writers week and a bunch of fresh talent had been brought in from
Nashville, some of it quite good.

http://www.keywestsongwritersfestiva...tival_info.php

Meanwhile we had a 6 ft tarpon living under our dock who stuck his
nose out once in a while just to get my attention, and he had a whole
bunch of cousins living just a bit further down the dock where the
tourists hang out. Since I have not yet had the pleasure of hooking
up with a big tarpon, all of this is whetting my appetite for some
serious fishing. We are now anchored down in the mid Keys near the
Little Palm Island Resort, a spot that had been recommended to me by
one of the local charter captains. I'm armed with 20 pounds of
frozen mullet chum and 10 pounds of whole frozen Threadfin Herring.
I spent the afternoon chumming and dangling the herring without any
real luck, except for one massive breakoff by something not
identified. Sunset has come and gone with no luck but now the lights
are on and I'm still chumming. Fortunately the water is calm, the
scenery good, and the television reception decent - all of which has
so far averted a crew mutiny.

Stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XmTwMIxLA

http://www.littlepalmisland.com/luxury-florida-resort-deals.aspx?gclid=CM_4rc727K8CFYhM4Aodg1Zk2w

On 5/6/2012 8:36 PM, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

Good luck, and happy eating.. As long as it's not a fresh water Bass...

On Sun, 06 May 2012 21:02:40 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

[...]

===

Thanks. No one eats tarpon however unless they are really hungry,
strictly catch and release.

On May 6, 8:36*pm, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

Something like that asswipe who fishes for endangered fish, like
Sturgeon?

Florida Keys Cruising norman Cruising 2 December 5th 10 09:44 PM
Costa Rica Tarpon report Calif Bill General 4 March 28th 08 11:52 PM
Ping: Wayne B (or other SW Florida to Florida Keys veterans) NOYB General 2 February 5th 07 08:32 PM
OT - Florida Keys Finest! Lady Pilot ASA 0 October 14th 05 04:56 AM
Florida Keys... WillT Cruising 19 November 20th 04 09:22 PM