Default Perfect Timing

For all of next week, the temp is supposed to be in the 30's with a couple very brief highs in the
low 40's. Too cold for golf. Too cold for motorcycling. But not too cold to curl up with Turbo Tax
and get our taxes done.

Ain't life grand!!
Senior Member

Location: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poco Deplorevole View Post
For all of next week, the temp is supposed to be in the 30's with a couple very brief highs in the
low 40's. Too cold for golf. Too cold for motorcycling. But not too cold to curl up with Turbo Tax
and get our taxes done.

Ain't life grand!!
Did my taxes February 1 had my refund deposited February 7th. All done, used Turbo Tax too. Been using TT for almost 20 years.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 06:47:55 +0000, RGrew176 wrote:

Poco Deplorevole;1079403 Wrote:
For all of next week, the temp is supposed to be in the 30's with a
couple very brief highs in the
low 40's. Too cold for golf. Too cold for motorcycling. But not too cold
to curl up with Turbo Tax
and get our taxes done.

Ain't life grand!!

Did my taxes February 1 had my refund deposited February 7th. All done,
used Turbo Tax too. Been using TT for almost 20 years.

That made me go look. I started with Tax Cut a couple years after it first came out. It had a
problem with some rental property inputs, so I switched to Turbo Tax. This was in 1997. So I guess
the 20 year mark holds for both of us.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 06:47:55 +0000, RGrew176 wrote:

Poco Deplorevole;1079403 Wrote:
For all of next week, the temp is supposed to be in the 30's with a
couple very brief highs in the
low 40's. Too cold for golf. Too cold for motorcycling. But not too cold
to curl up with Turbo Tax
and get our taxes done.

Ain't life grand!!

Did my taxes February 1 had my refund deposited February 7th. All done,
used Turbo Tax too. Been using TT for almost 20 years.

That made me go look. I started with Tax Cut a couple years after it
first came out. It had a
problem with some rental property inputs, so I switched to Turbo Tax.
This was in 1997. So I guess
the 20 year mark holds for both of us.

I went to Tax Cut after TT put their POS anti share the software crap in.
Put an extra partition on the disk, and the next year could not get TT to
work. Thought bad disk, so traded at Office Depot. Still would not work.
So trashed TT.

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 18:08:58 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Never had a problem. It just goes back and gets last years data and brings it forward. I do always
make a back up of the tax file just in case of a hard drive crash.

wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

When I had a business, I used tax software but these days I just use a
calculator. The IRS has the PDF forms that you can enter data into. If
they went one step farther and put it into an Excel template that did
the math, they would really hurt TT and the others.
I don't think they actually use your math anyway. They compute based
on the raw data fields you enter and compare what they got to what you
got to see if they accept the form.

wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Odd thing is I have only caught one mistake on the tax software, but have
been screwed up by IRS errors several times. 2000 when we still filed
paper. I was in the 2% that the IRS loses their tax forms. And they even
owed me a small refund. Put me on mandatory withholding before notifying
us. Then not connecting a CVX 1099 to my return. That was easier to
correct. Funny and s a couple times I got a later check saying I overpaid,
but not what.

Base timing vs. ignition timing Robert M. Gary General 12 June 15th 08 02:06 AM
Timing problem!!Would appreciate help Lawson Barkhouse General 4 August 7th 06 05:06 PM
Worst possible timing John Cairns ASA 0 April 24th 04 04:41 AM
Timing Question, Using a Timing light on an Old Outboard. Joe Here General 5 October 29th 03 12:05 AM
Timing Merc 350 MAG MPI Craig Gunther General 2 July 22nd 03 08:21 PM