Default Perfect Timing

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 18:08:58 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 06:47:55 +0000, RGrew176 wrote:

Poco Deplorevole;1079403 Wrote:
For all of next week, the temp is supposed to be in the 30's with a
couple very brief highs in the
low 40's. Too cold for golf. Too cold for motorcycling. But not too cold
to curl up with Turbo Tax
and get our taxes done.

Ain't life grand!!

Did my taxes February 1 had my refund deposited February 7th. All done,
used Turbo Tax too. Been using TT for almost 20 years.

That made me go look. I started with Tax Cut a couple years after it
first came out. It had a
problem with some rental property inputs, so I switched to Turbo Tax.
This was in 1997. So I guess
the 20 year mark holds for both of us.

I went to Tax Cut after TT put their POS anti share the software crap in.
Put an extra partition on the disk, and the next year could not get TT to
work. Thought bad disk, so traded at Office Depot. Still would not work.
So trashed TT.

When I had a business, I used tax software but these days I just use a
calculator. The IRS has the PDF forms that you can enter data into. If
they went one step farther and put it into an Excel template that did
the math, they would really hurt TT and the others.
I don't think they actually use your math anyway. They compute based
on the raw data fields you enter and compare what they got to what you
got to see if they accept the form.