Default checy Volt

Last week went to LA for a sports show. Looked at a 2014 Chevy Volt as a
3rd vehicle, so I did not drive the crew cab truck around town and look for
big parking place, and wearing out a truck that costs 80 grand to,replace.
Car was in Hanford, couple hundred miles from home. Liked the car and
color, not white or silver, and bought it. So far very happy. Have
plugged it in twice to charge. Takes a long time on 120V. So may put a
240v outlet in and buy a level 2 charger. Have not used the gas motor
since purchase. Did Uhaul trailer the car home. Quiet, smooth running.
Signed up for the EV electric rate. 11 cents a Kilowatt hour at night,
instead of 47 cents. VIP stickers for single person use of the carpool
lanes. Thanks neighbors for subsidizing my electric use. So far happy
with the car.

Bill wrote:

Last week went to LA for a sports show. Looked at a 2014 Chevy Volt as a
3rd vehicle, so I did not drive the crew cab truck around town and look for
big parking place, and wearing out a truck that costs 80 grand to,replace.
Car was in Hanford, couple hundred miles from home. Liked the car and
color, not white or silver, and bought it. So far very happy. Have
plugged it in twice to charge. Takes a long time on 120V. So may put a
240v outlet in and buy a level 2 charger. Have not used the gas motor
since purchase. Did Uhaul trailer the car home. Quiet, smooth running.
Signed up for the EV electric rate. 11 cents a Kilowatt hour at night,
instead of 47 cents. VIP stickers for single person use of the carpool
lanes. Thanks neighbors for subsidizing my electric use. So far happy
with the car.

Need truck for boat and camper.

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 03:34:56 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Last week went to LA for a sports show. Looked at a 2014 Chevy Volt as a
3rd vehicle, so I did not drive the crew cab truck around town and look for
big parking place, and wearing out a truck that costs 80 grand to,replace.
Car was in Hanford, couple hundred miles from home. Liked the car and
color, not white or silver, and bought it. So far very happy. Have
plugged it in twice to charge. Takes a long time on 120V. So may put a
240v outlet in and buy a level 2 charger. Have not used the gas motor
since purchase. Did Uhaul trailer the car home. Quiet, smooth running.
Signed up for the EV electric rate. 11 cents a Kilowatt hour at night,
instead of 47 cents. VIP stickers for single person use of the carpool
lanes. Thanks neighbors for subsidizing my electric use. So far happy
with the car.

Your Volt takes the place of my motorcycle. I hate using the truck for 'around town' trips. One of
these days I'll get serious about taking the motorcycle to the golf course. Then the truck would
just sit until it was time to go camping somewhere.

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:21:21 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

[...]

I used to take my Harley skeet shooting. I did get a few looks with
the shotgun rack on the front fork. I imagine I would get arrested in
the current People's Republic of Maryland.
I use my Prelude for errands but I could not justify the expense of an
electric conversion for the little I drive. The payback was decades.

wrote:

[...]

I wanted to take the Mosin Nagant to an outdoor range about an hour away from the house. I didn't
want to take the truck, but, like you, strap the rifle on my back and take the motorcycle. I stopped
a cop at a grocery store and asked him if it was okay to do that. He said it was not against the
law. But, he said that we lived in probably the most liberal county in America and someone would be
calling the cops about every ten minutes reporting a motorcyclist brandishing a rifle. We, he
continued, would have to respond to each call, even though you were doing nothing illegal. It would
be a big pain in the butt for the cops and for me.

But, I may one day take the Mosin apart and put it in a golf bag to tote out there on the
motorcycle.

wrote:

[...]

As my wife doesn't usually drive to work, I use her Camry for errands.
Six speed auto, 36-38 mpg on the highway, 31-33 mpg around town. Truck,
six speed manual, gets 21 mpg around town, 24-27 mpg if I'm careful with
the accelerator on the highway. Less in the occasional bumper-to-bumper
traffic I encounter. Only had one opportunity so far to use the truck's
4WD in snow, and it was just fine, better than I had anticipated for a
pick-me-up truck. If we lived in the real south, I would have skipped
the 4WD.

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 10:31:00 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I almost lost my mind and bought a 4wd Jeep to tow behind my
camper. Got a Ford Edge instead. Haven't set it up yet but I'm
sure I did the right thing. Jeeps are having problems with their
electronic steering. A $600 wiring modification and proper
sequencing of towing procedures will fix it. I don't think
so.

Our friends are towing a Chevy Equinox. One reason they like it is because it doesn't accrue miles
while being towed.

wrote:

[...]

I see a lot of Ford Edges around here. If your other choice was a Jeep
you made the right choice. I hear and read about a lot of problems with
Jeep vehicles.

wrote:

[...]

The cost was not much different than most 2014 decent model cars. And
since we have car pool lanes everywhere in the Bay Area and Los Angeles
where our kids live, figured the car pool stickers were primo. Or as some
call them VIP stickers.

Charging 24 volt trolling batteries with a 12 volt system. Tim General 14 August 20th 11 12:22 AM
12 volt stabalizer? cavelamb himself[_5_] Electronics 16 July 15th 08 05:03 AM
The Best Way to Provide 24-volt for a 24-volt Trolling Motor? [email protected] General 8 November 16th 05 03:18 AM
12 - Volt Vaccume ?? Gary General 7 July 11th 05 03:39 AM
Is it ok to run a 24 volt trolling motor on a 12 volt battery to test the motor to see if it actually runs? SDNomad General 5 October 9th 03 07:30 PM