Tim Tim is offline

Default Stock markets up

Way up. Looks better in the last 5 days than it has in the lad 5 years, or longer...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/us-markets.html

From CNBC no doubt

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:22:26 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Way up. Looks better in the last 5 days than it has in the lad 5 years, or longer...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/us-markets.html

From CNBC no doubt

===

It has been said that a rising tide floats all boats, and this tide
has been rising pretty nicely. It's important, however, to remember
where the exits are when the market starts getting overheated.
Tim Tim is offline

3:40
wrote:

Way up. Looks better in the last 5 days than it has in the lad 5 years, or longer...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/us-markets.html

From CNBC no doubt

===

It has been said that a rising tide floats all boats, and this tide
has been rising pretty nicely. It's important, however, to remember
where the exits are when the market starts getting overheated.

Oh I agree! Always be a bit leery, but this is a good sign of optimism and opportunity. I hope it rides well.

wrote:

Way up. Looks better in the last 5 days than it has in the lad 5 years, or longer...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/us-markets.html

From CNBC no doubt

===

It has been said that a rising tide floats all boats, and this tide
has been rising pretty nicely. It's important, however, to remember
where the exits are when the market starts getting overheated.

I am a little sorry I took the triple on my drywall company(EXP), It
is up 7 more bucks since a month ago when it traded.
My IBM is looking good and Buffett says it still has upside potential.
T Boone's nat gas truck company (CLNE) has tanked. I may use it to
wash something else if I take something else off the table.
I am still waiting to see if this Trump thing is real.

wrote:

Way up. Looks better in the last 5 days than it has in the lad 5 years, or longer...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/us-markets.html

From CNBC no doubt

===

It has been said that a rising tide floats all boats, and this tide
has been rising pretty nicely. It's important, however, to remember
where the exits are when the market starts getting overheated.

I am a little sorry I took the triple on my drywall company(EXP), It
is up 7 more bucks since a month ago when it traded.
My IBM is looking good and Buffett says it still has upside potential.
T Boone's nat gas truck company (CLNE) has tanked. I may use it to
wash something else if I take something else off the table.
I am still waiting to see if this Trump thing is real.

Drywall shortages are slowing housing construction. At least in my
neck of the woods.

Wasn't there some kind of health risk problem that arose a few years
back when construction companies started using sheetrock manufactured
and imported from China?

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 08:52:28 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Drywall shortages are slowing housing construction. At least in my
neck of the woods.

Wasn't there some kind of health risk problem that arose a few years
back when construction companies started using sheetrock manufactured
and imported from China?

===

Yes, it was a huge problem in high humidity areas like Florida. The
Chinese drywall had a high sullphur content which released sulphuric
acid vapor under the right conditions. That was not only a health
hazzard but also corroded copper wiring and pipes. The only
remediation was to strip out all of the drywall and rebuild the
interior, a very expensive proposition as you can imagine.
Tim Tim is offline

10:06
wrote:

Drywall shortages are slowing housing construction. At least in my
neck of the woods.

Wasn't there some kind of health risk problem that arose a few years
back when construction companies started using sheetrock manufactured
and imported from China?

===

Yes, it was a huge problem in high humidity areas like Florida. The
Chinese drywall had a high sullphur content which released sulphuric
acid vapor under the right conditions. That was not only a health
hazzard but also corroded copper wiring and pipes. The only
remediation was to strip out all of the drywall and rebuild the
interior, a very expensive proposition as you can imagine.
I believe I read that some of it contained Formaldehyde as well...

wrote:

Way up. Looks better in the last 5 days than it has in the lad 5 years, or longer...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/us-markets.html

From CNBC no doubt

===

It has been said that a rising tide floats all boats, and this tide
has been rising pretty nicely. It's important, however, to remember
where the exits are when the market starts getting overheated.

I am a little sorry I took the triple on my drywall company(EXP), It
is up 7 more bucks since a month ago when it traded.
My IBM is looking good and Buffett says it still has upside potential.
T Boone's nat gas truck company (CLNE) has tanked. I may use it to
wash something else if I take something else off the table.
I am still waiting to see if this Trump thing is real.

Drywall shortages are slowing housing construction. At least in my
neck of the woods.

Wasn't there some kind of health risk problem that arose a few years
back when construction companies started using sheetrock manufactured
and imported from China?

Yup and Florida was ground zero for the problem. Fortunately the
company my wife built for owned Eagle, so they dodged that bullet.
I did do some drywall surveys if anyone is interested about what
chinese drywall was all about.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Chinese%20Drywall/

Bernanke KILLED the US markets Canuck57[_9_] General 18 August 10th 11 02:37 PM
Undervalued real estate markets H the K General 24 July 21st 09 11:19 PM
More hopeandchange on the stock markets shoes Frogwatch[_2_] General 3 January 23rd 09 07:34 PM
Flea Markets uRummage Boat Building 0 January 17th 07 01:50 AM
let's jump in the unique markets, but don't dye the wet dogs Ambassador Bill U. Bernstein, MBA ASA 0 April 22nd 05 12:03 PM