Tim Tim is offline

Default Stock markets up

10:06
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 08:52:28 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Drywall shortages are slowing housing construction. At least in my
neck of the woods.

Wasn't there some kind of health risk problem that arose a few years
back when construction companies started using sheetrock manufactured
and imported from China?

===

Yes, it was a huge problem in high humidity areas like Florida. The
Chinese drywall had a high sullphur content which released sulphuric
acid vapor under the right conditions. That was not only a health
hazzard but also corroded copper wiring and pipes. The only
remediation was to strip out all of the drywall and rebuild the
interior, a very expensive proposition as you can imagine.
I believe I read that some of it contained Formaldehyde as well...