Default Ribs!

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 8:47:04 AM UTC-5, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 18:03:15 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Poco Loco
Did 'em again, Greg. Fantastic!

Guess that's something else you learned while not getting a liberal arts degree from that
institution in Kansas.

I've got that recipe copied out and will be doing it soon. Any modifications I need to add to it? Probably not....

Unless the ribs are extremely meaty, I'd do 'em for only three hours at 275F. Even tightly covered,
the extra hour seems to dry 'em out a tad.

I do 3-2-1 ribs. Dry rub them and put them on the pellet smoker at 225 for 3 hours, wrap them in aluminum foil and back on for 2 hours, then unwrap and brush them with sauce (glaze) and back on for 1 hour. I usually cut the times on the second and third step a bit, especially the last one, as you're just letting the sauce take a "set" on the meat. Competition quality ribs. And of course, you *must* peel the membrane before you do anything.

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 06:52:37 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

And of course, you *must* peel the membrane before you do anything.

Yup. About half the time the St Louis ribs come peeled, other times I
do it myself.

What do you guys do for sauce?

wrote:

And of course, you *must* peel the membrane before you do anything.

Yup. About half the time the St Louis ribs come peeled, other times I
do it myself.

What do you guys do for sauce?

Sometimes I make my own, but lately I've been using this:

https://shop.bonesuckin.com/bone-suckin-sauce-/9-bone-suckin-sauce-hot-16-oz.html

As it says, it's not really that hot, and it's not thick like BBQ sauce. It's just a glaze that really adds a nice flavor.

wrote:

And of course, you *must* peel the membrane before you do anything.

Yup. About half the time the St Louis ribs come peeled, other times I
do it myself.

What do you guys do for sauce?

Oh, and do you know the trick for peeling the membrane? A paper towel! It lets you get a grip on it.

wrote:

And of course, you *must* peel the membrane before you do anything.

Yup. About half the time the St Louis ribs come peeled, other times I
do it myself.

What do you guys do for sauce?

Oh, and do you know the trick for peeling the membrane? A paper towel! It lets you get a grip on it.

.... or one of those "jar opener" thin rubber pads. (also will peel
garlic). If you have a sharp paring knife you can get it going pretty
easy. I use a combination of pulling and cutting. It comes right off.

wrote:

And of course, you *must* peel the membrane before you do anything.

Yup. About half the time the St Louis ribs come peeled, other times I
do it myself.

What do you guys do for sauce?

Oh, and do you know the trick for peeling the membrane? A paper towel! It lets you get a grip on it.

Amen. The Costco ribs come already peeled.

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 16:26:28 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

I've done 'St Louis' style ribs once. I don't like the way they're cut. Too much gristle and fat
left on the one end, and the other seems to have been trimmed for Chinese ribs. That's the way they
come around here anyway.

That sounds more like a full spare rib.
They start with cutting off the "back ribs", then you have the "spare
rib" and if you cut that lip of cartilage off the other end it is a St
Louis Rib. (all bone)

wrote:

And of course, you *must* peel the membrane before you do anything.

Yup. About half the time the St Louis ribs come peeled, other times I
do it myself.

What do you guys do for sauce?

Here I think the best is Sweet Baby Rae's. I do not think you get it
outside California.

Tim Tim is offline

9:34 PMCalifbill
Here I think the best is Sweet Baby Rae's. I do not think you get it
outside California.

We have it and all its varieties here in Illinois, Bill

Best 4th of July Ribs... X ` Man[_3_] General 2 July 4th 12 08:50 PM
Fast RIBs Calif Bill General 2 February 14th 07 11:42 AM
Ribs Bert Meadley Cruising 2 February 23rd 05 05:15 AM
Light RIBs JohnD Cruising 1 May 27th 04 01:34 PM
Willow ribs for SOF kayak Wiz Boat Building 3 July 3rd 03 04:06 PM