Default Why am I still here?

On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 14:44:18 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/7/17 2:35 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/7/2017 1:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 5:21:53 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Just checked the weather forecast for today.

Blizzard warning starting around 8am this morning and lasting until
early tomorrow. 12-14 inches of snow with 50 mph winds.

Going back to bed.

Our "event" turned out to be just a dusting that has already melted.
It's hovering around 34, but will hit 20 tonite. By next Wed. it's 65,
and next weekend back to the low 70's. Buddy (the black Lab) is happy
because he gets to come inside when it's below 40.

Snow is really starting to ramp up in intensity now. Supposed to peak
this evening then slowly ease up, ending at about 9 tomorrow morning.
One *good* thing is that it is only in the mid 20's, so the snow will be
more of the light, fluffy type rather than the heavy wet stuff. Tonight
the temp is forcast to drop to about 5 degrees (F for our Canadian
friend).

i just got back from a grocery store run. At the moment we have 6" of
powdery snow on the ground, and the temp is 20F. Our driveway, our
street and the two state roads that lead to the main highway around here
have not been plowed. The main highway has, and it is slushy. Used the
4WD (High mode) in my truck for the first time and that, combined with
its high clearance, aggressive all season tires, and manual
transmission, made the trip easy.

That trip would have been easy in my Gremlin. Tell us about it when it
thaws a little, freezes again and then you get a few more inches of
snow (DC weather) ;-)

You still should be fine in that rig. Just remember 4wd can turn the
car into a hockey puck when all 4 break loose and a lot harder to
recover BTDT

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 1/7/2017 1:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

Wife's friend in Plymouth is calling it the blizzard of 17

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

justan
True North Wrote in message:
Well, I hope the storm dumps most of it's load before it reaches here.
We got between 15 and 20 cm of pretty fluffy snow yesterday. Â*Took the Highlander out at the tail end for supper and the new Michelin all seasons were great.
Tonight and tomorrow we could receive another 35 cm.

Why did you have to buy tires for that car? It's fairly new, isn't
Â*it. And I don't imagine Toyota puts crappy tires on it's
Â*cars.

Hard to believe but my Highlander will be 4 years old at the end of March and already has almost 38000 kilometers on the odometer.
And yes...Toyota does put soft, quick wearing tires on their vehicles. Michelins run smoother and a lot longer.

True North Wrote in message:
justan
True North Wrote in message:
Well, I hope the storm dumps most of it's load before it reaches here.
We got between 15 and 20 cm of pretty fluffy snow yesterday. Took the Highlander out at the tail end for supper and the new Michelin all seasons were great.
Tonight and tomorrow we could receive another 35 cm.

Why did you have to buy tires for that car? It's fairly new, isn't
it. And I don't imagine Toyota puts crappy tires on it's
cars.

Hard to believe but my Highlander will be 4 years old at the end of March and already has almost 38000 kilometers on the odometer.
And yes...Toyota does put soft, quick wearing tires on their vehicles. Michelins run smoother and a lot longer.

6000 miles per year. That's more than
I had you figured for. That's about what l do. I just traded my
town car with 54000. 2006 model.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 1/7/2017 1:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

I am not sure which I prefer in a 4x4 truck ... automatic or manual.
I had a 4x4 Ranger with a manual transmission. The truck I have now is
an automatic. Of course, one of the reasons I bought this particular
truck was for plowing and for that an automatic beats the manual hands down.

I just went out and did a little shoveling. Already have 12-14 inches
on the ground but thankfully it is not a wet, heavy snow. That said
though, I think I'll be sore in the morning. Heaviest snow is suppose
to occur between 5pm and 9pm. Miss my JD tractor with the front end
loader.

justan
True North Wrote in message:
justan
True North Wrote in message:
Well, I hope the storm dumps most of it's load before it reaches here.
We got between 15 and 20 cm of pretty fluffy snow yesterday. Â*Took the Highlander out at the tail end for supper and the new Michelin all seasons were great.
Tonight and tomorrow we could receive another 35 cm.

Why did you have to buy tires for that car? It's fairly new, isn't
Â*it. And I don't imagine Toyota puts crappy tires on it's
Â*cars.

Hard to believe but my Highlander will be 4 years old at the end of March and already has almost 38000 kilometers on the odometer.
And yes...Toyota does put soft, quick wearing tires on their vehicles. Michelins run smoother and a lot longer.

"6000 miles per year. That's more than
I had you figured for. That's about what l do. I just traded my
Â*town car with 54000. 2006 model."

Yeah but I'm a man of action...especially in the summer when I'm towing my boat around.
There are numerous beautiful spots to launch and boat.
Tim Tim is offline

6000 miles per year. That's more than
I had you figured for. That's about what l do. I just traded my
town car with 54000. 2006 model.

Hmm, in 6 months riding season. I did that this summer between my guzzi and my gold wing...

Big storm has started.
Maybe I'll haul out my Toro electric snowblower tomorrow and give it a whirl.