Default Grill addition

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 1:44:28 PM UTC-8, Its Me wrote:
On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 2:20:08 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
12:38 PMIts Me
Exactly. When doing a "quick" steak, I get the grill screaming hot, then sear just like you describe. If I'm grilling for someone that wants the steak medium or worse, they get moved to another cooler part of the grill after searing for a couple more minutes per side.

When doing a more special cut, I fire up the pellet smoker at 225 and put the steaks on it for a few minutes to get some smoke flavor on them, then move to the gas grill for searing. Awesome results.

Extra work but extra flavor. Sounds like a good idea to me...

Yeah, that's why I don't do it all the time. That's what the gas grill is lacking... that good, woody charcoal flavor.

I'll tell you, I'm really liking the pellet grill. Smoked brisket, pulled pork, the best baby backs I've ever had. And it turns into a wood-fired pizza oven when cranked up to 500 or so. Basically a smoker from 200-300, and an outdoor wood-fired convection oven from 300-600. The only thing it doesn't do well is direct searing, even though mine has a direct insert that allows it. That's why I kept the gas grill.

Nothing beats a cast iron skillet for simple steaks like T-Bones and Ribeyes.
Knock the horns off and salt pepper to taste.
If on my ****ty stainless wannabe weber, I get it as hot as possible then throw them on with the lid open.

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 13:44:23 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

[...]

I throw hickory chips in mine

An addition to the fleet Frogwatch[_2_] General 7 December 23rd 08 06:13 PM
Killfile addition JR North General 0 October 4th 08 05:34 AM
Yet another addition to the fleet Jim Bailey General 2 August 11th 05 03:17 AM
A new addition to the fleet Jim Bailey General 4 July 31st 05 08:02 PM
Another Addition To The Asmodeus Quick Post Service Anonymous Sender ASA 0 July 13th 04 11:22 PM