Default Ruger SR1911 update

So, I bought a 15lb recoil spring for the SR1911. Also called customer service at Ruger. The nice
technician asked several questions about type lubricant, number of rounds fired, limpwristing, etc
and seemed to know what she was talking about. Her advice was to shoot some more rounds through it
before doing anything.

So Carmen and I took the .45's to the range yesterday. Between the sr1911 and my Kimber, we put
about 300 holes in targets. Most were through the SR1911.

Problems solved. Not one stovepipe, failure of slide to lock, or any other problem with the gun.
That is a nice shooting handgun. I could feel very little, probably imaginary, difference between it
and the Kimber. For sure I couldn't hit the target any better with the Kimber.

Carmen is a happy puppy!

Thanks guys! Especially Harry, for I know he had a rough time making that donation.

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 13:54:30 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

Thanks guys! Especially Harry, for I know he had a rough time making that donation.

===

Let's hope the IRS doesn't hear about it. They might try to claw it
back.

Shooting the SR1911 Poco Loco General 39 December 25th 16 03:52 AM
Ruger's Mini 14... Keyser Söze General 5 September 19th 15 06:02 AM
Ruger Mark III upgrade saga... Keyser Söze General 6 January 21st 15 01:23 AM
Best Reassembly Vid on the Ruger Mark III... Keyser Söze General 25 January 18th 15 03:20 AM