Default Ruger Mark III upgrade saga...

Voila!

I finished reassembling the frame and bolt of my Ruger Mark III 512.

Whew!

I installed the complete Volquartsen Pistol Competition Kit, which
consists of a new extractor and firing pin for the bolt (easy to
install...gives you overconfidence! ), and for the frame, a target
hammer, target sear, target trigger with adjustable pre travel and
overtravel set screws, extended bolt release and trigger return spring
with polished plunger.

It’s not nearly as straightforward and easy to install as the various
videos of instructions show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeh8S0ryi7Y

The little bitty springs are a bitch, especially for older eyes. The
Volquartsen parts, though, are beautifully made and finished.

The new trigger is terrific! About 2 to 2-1/2 pounds, feels like half
the pull as before. The standard trigger was more than decent, but the
new one is just plain aces. The trigger with its tiny set screws and the
extended bolt release are all that is visible from the exterior.

Just shipped the barrel/upper receiver off to Volquartsen to get the
barrel threaded for my silencer. When I have everything back, I’ll take
some pix and post them.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:56:52 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

[...]

Guns and Ammo TV had a segment about suppressors the other day. They
did dB tests on 22rf, 9mm and 300 blackout.

The surprising thing is just how loud the gun is itself. (dry firing)

Depends on the gun mechanism, no? I wonder how a suppressed .300 sounds in
real life...noisy I would guess.
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

wrote:

[...]

It seemed pretty consistent across a couple of platforms that the
firing pin/hammer dropping on an empty chamber was almost as high a dB
number as the live round using an ultra fast meter.
I do think it is a deceptive result because of the duration of the
sound. I doubt the eardrum can even respond to something that fast and
the actual sound pressure is minuscule compared to a real gun shot.
That is what hurts your ear.

Pretty damned quiet...but the ammo is slow compared to .223...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ALp8-d3dQ

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

In article , says...

Pretty damned quiet...but the ammo is slow compared to .223...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ALp8-d3dQ

He's putting loads of plastic into the environment!
The horror! The birds!

Boating All Out wrote:
In article , says...

Pretty damned quiet...but the ammo is slow compared to .223...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ALp8-d3dQ

He's putting loads of plastic into the environment!
The horror! The birds!

Actually, he and his son clean up the site and haul off the recyclable
plastic. I think he reloads the brass, although Federal supplies most of
his show ammo. He does the sort of shooting I most enjoy.
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

Best Reassembly Vid on the Ruger Mark III... Keyser Söze General 25 January 18th 15 03:20 AM
GPS getting $8B upgrade.... Larry Cruising 1 May 26th 10 01:28 PM
Sea Ray 185 Throttle Upgrade Bryan General 3 June 8th 06 10:35 PM
OMC esa upgrade ??? Tony General 0 August 5th 04 08:04 AM
Looking to renew contact with Mark Eckerberg ([email protected]) Zyana ~ Beu Ribe Boat Building 0 December 6th 03 03:53 AM