Default In solidarity with my northern friends

I was in the pool today. The water was 75. Brrrr!
Mr Ed said "no thanks"

On 10/30/2016 9:43 PM, wrote:
I was in the pool today. The water was 75. Brrrr!
Mr Ed said "no thanks"

time to don the wet suit

Water temp at the approaches to Halifax Harbour 0800 hrs. 52.7 F
Air temp. 45 F
Tim Tim is offline

Air temp here is 57f. High today supposed to be 73f.

On 10/31/16 8:41 AM, True North wrote:
Water temp at the approaches to Halifax Harbour 0800 hrs. 52.7 F
Air temp. 45 F

We had delightfully warm weather over the weekend, temps in the high
70's for the most part, water temps in the mid 60's...just one of mother
nature's last teasers of the year before winter moves in.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:31:16 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/31/16 8:41 AM, True North wrote:
Water temp at the approaches to Halifax Harbour 0800 hrs. 52.7 F
Air temp. 45 F

We had delightfully warm weather over the weekend, temps in the high
70's for the most part, water temps in the mid 60's...just one of mother
nature's last teasers of the year before winter moves in.

Up there it seemed we always had warm weather for halloween.
South and east of DC was not really that cold most of the time anyway
although you might get a swat of real winter now and then. (in the
midwest sort of way). As soon as you get up into Montgomery County you
start seeing Pennsylvania weather. I was always surprised when I left
sleet in freezing rain in PG and found 2-3"
of snow in Gaithersburg.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 05:41:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

Water temp at the approaches to Halifax Harbour 0800 hrs. 52.7 F
Air temp. 45 F

===

Water temperature in my pool - 92 °F, Air temp 82.6 °F .

No wonder Canadians seem to like it here. :-)

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:18:39 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

The Bay is a winter "moderator" of sorts for those of us who live pretty
close to it. I remember one winter some years ago when someone told me
that Deale had "iced over," and so I drove up for a look-see. Well, the
inland ends of the creeks indeed were iced over, but not with ice thick
enough to walk upon.

===

No problem, you've been skating on thin ice for years.

wrote:

[...]

It does get pretty cold there occasionally but not that often.
I remember walking across that cove north of National Harbor in the
early 60s but it was the only time I remember the river freezing. That
whole area was woods in those days (before the Wilson Bridge).
You could walk all the way from the DC line to where National Harbor
is and never get out of the woods. Rosalie's island was still an
island.
They filled in the causeway when they were building the bridge.

northern 25 [email protected] General 0 December 29th 14 07:22 PM
The northern snakehead John H.[_5_] General 4 September 12th 08 12:08 AM
And, for you Northern cruisers... Larry Cruising 1 December 26th 07 04:59 PM
For Northern Boaters Only JimH General 8 October 5th 06 05:33 PM
northern chesapeake ? SrScubalot General 5 October 22nd 03 03:16 PM