Default Speaking of the media...

A biker is riding by the zoo, when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter
her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his bike, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful
punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her to her
terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A New York Times reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter addressing the biker says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man
do in my whole life.'

The biker replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little
kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist from the New York
Times, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page... So, what do you do
for a living and what political affiliation do you have?''

The biker replies, 'I'm a U.S. Marine and a Republican.'

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys The New York Times to see if it indeed brings news of his
actions, and reads, on front page:

U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

And, THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days

Where is the media coverage? [email protected] General 80 November 5th 12 02:46 PM
Media bias! JustWait General 21 November 17th 11 01:56 AM
Media Bias on the war Mule General 23 December 16th 05 10:40 PM
Liberal media? You mean slimey media Nick General 7 June 19th 05 04:18 AM
OT--Another example of bias in the media NOYB General 7 March 15th 05 10:25 PM