NOYB

Default OT--Another example of bias in the media

Today's headline:

"Thousands March Against Syria in Beirut"
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../lebanon_syria

(how many thousand? Estimates are around 800,000)

Last week's headline:
"
Hundreds of thousands turn out to Pro-Syrian demonstration in Lebanon
"
(estimates were anywhere from 200-500,000)
When the pro-Syrian people marched, the news headlines read "hundreds of
thousands march". When the anti-Syrian folks marched today, the AP headline
merely read "thousands march".

John H

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:11:37 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Today's headline:

"Thousands March Against Syria in Beirut"
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../lebanon_syria

(how many thousand? Estimates are around 800,000)

Last week's headline:
"
Hundreds of thousands turn out to Pro-Syrian demonstration in Lebanon
"
(estimates were anywhere from 200-500,000)
When the pro-Syrian people marched, the news headlines read "hundreds of
thousands march". When the anti-Syrian folks marched today, the AP headline
merely read "thousands march".

I'm still trying to figure out why Jimcomma or basskisser didn't post this. We
sure saw enough posts about the last one.

CNN gave todays demo a full 15 seconds on the news. I saw nothing on NBC. The
last demo was shown repeatedly on the unbiased, 'mainstream' media, along with
the comments about Bush getting a 'slap in the face'.

--
John H

bb

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:11:37 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

When the pro-Syrian people marched, the news headlines read "hundreds of
thousands march". When the anti-Syrian folks marched today, the AP headline
merely read "thousands march".

Are you saying the media is pro-Syrian?

bb
thunder

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:11:37 +0000, NOYB wrote:

When the pro-Syrian people marched, the news headlines read "hundreds of
thousands march". When the anti-Syrian folks marched today, the AP
headline merely read "thousands march".

So, NOYB, is it all going according to the neocon's plans?

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea....marshall.html
John H

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:08:32 GMT, bb wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:11:37 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

When the pro-Syrian people marched, the news headlines read "hundreds of
thousands march". When the anti-Syrian folks marched today, the AP headline
merely read "thousands march".

Are you saying the media is pro-Syrian?

bb

If that's what it takes to be liberal, they will be.

--
John H

NOYB

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

I saw nothing about this on the news. They were too busy talking about a
black guy who shot a judge and several other people, and another semi-black
guy who molested kids. I guess that 3/4 of a million people standing up for
freedom and Democracy in the Middle East, just isn't news when a Republican
is President.

NOYB

"bb" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:11:37 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

When the pro-Syrian people marched, the news headlines read "hundreds of
thousands march". When the anti-Syrian folks marched today, the AP
headline
merely read "thousands march".

Are you saying the media is pro-Syrian?

They're anti-Bush. Bush has demanded Syria leave Lebanon. So the news
media was really excited when a couple hundred thousand people (comprised
mostly of Syrian, Palestinian, and Hizbollah terrorists) marched *in support
of* Syria.

John H

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:29:30 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I watched CNN and MSNBC most of the afternoon, while doing chores. I new about
the demonstration from a Fox broadcast, but wanted to see if it was covered
elsewhere. In flipping back and forth, I finally saw CNN mention it around 4:30.
Like I said, it got about 15 seconds of air time. Michael Jackson got much, much
more because he is so important to the grand scheme of things (and he's probably
a liberal Hollywooder).

--
John H

Just incase you missed it ie: Liberal news Joe ASA 19 March 5th 05 01:00 AM
News from Lebanon Horvath ASA 57 March 4th 05 02:31 PM
( OT ) Liberal’ Media Silent About Guckert Saga Jim, General 12 February 19th 05 12:45 PM
Bush whoops mainsteam media's butt as well as Kerry's Capt. Neal® ASA 0 November 29th 04 11:46 PM
Whoop-Ding! Bob Crantz ASA 30 June 27th 04 10:15 PM