Default The electric dog

In Dallas the police decided they were not willing to risk a dog to
flush out the shooter so they attached an anti-personel device to a
robot and sent it in.
On one hand, I think it was an innovative way to kill a guy who needed
killing but, is that a dangerous precedent?
Will Hellfire missiles on helicopters or drones be next?

"In Dallas the police decided they were not willing to risk a dog to
flush out the shooter so they attached an anti-personel device to a
robot and sent it in.
On one hand, I think it was an innovative way to kill a guy who needed
killing but, is that a dangerous precedent?
Will Hellfire missiles on helicopters or drones be next?"

I think in a situation like this you use whatever you have at your disposal to save further police, civilian or even a police dogs life. This was as highly motivated killer.

On 7/8/16 3:46 PM, True North wrote:

"In Dallas the police decided they were not willing to risk a dog to
flush out the shooter so they attached an anti-personel device to a
robot and sent it in.
On one hand, I think it was an innovative way to kill a guy who needed
killing but, is that a dangerous precedent?
Will Hellfire missiles on helicopters or drones be next?"

I think in a situation like this you use whatever you have at your disposal to save further police, civilian or even a police dogs life. This was as highly motivated killer.

I think I heard on the news that the cops offered the shooter a chance
to walk out with his hands up. Apparently he turned that down one way or
another.

I think if the cops are breathing down your neck after you have likely
committed a horrific crime of violence and you are offered a chance to
come out of it alive and you don't take it, well, send in the electric
dog. Why should a cop risk his/her life if you are a moron.

There are a couple of morons in this newsgroup who have stated they
would use their firearms to "defend themselves" from armed government
officials at their door. Stupid is as stupid does. I'd come out reaching
for the sky and waiting to use my opportunity to call a lawyer.

But, then, I'm not a right-wing crackpot.

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 15:52:21 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

But, then, I'm not a right-wing crackpot.

===

That's certainly true. I've always regarded you as a left wing
crackpot.

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 12:46:58 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

"In Dallas the police decided they were not willing to risk a dog to
flush out the shooter so they attached an anti-personel device to a
robot and sent it in.
On one hand, I think it was an innovative way to kill a guy who needed
killing but, is that a dangerous precedent?
Will Hellfire missiles on helicopters or drones be next?"

I think in a situation like this you use whatever you have at your disposal to save further police, civilian or even a police dogs life. This was as highly motivated killer.

To you and Harry. That is fine until they are doing this with people
who have burned out tail lights.
In the 70s, SWAT was an elite force in LADP, then it got a TV show.
Now every little bedroom town has a SWAT team and they are wearing
tactical gear writing J walking tickets.

The idea that when the cops are out of ideas, they can send in a robot
that knows how to throw a grenade is scary.

[...]

Tell that to the guys in Minnesota and Baton Rouge.
The cops are trigger happy and giving them stand off munitions is not
a healthy thing.
I will say it is all training but we are training a paramilitary
police force. What do you expect?

Civilians are only allowed to have machine guns and destructive
devices with extensive licensing. The same should be true of the cops
who want them.

wrote:

[...]

It is militarization of the police with little control! Why does a local
police force need an MRAP? Why are they not all in the middle wast where
there are copious IEDs? Why can the police issue M-16 fully auto weapons
to a big percent of the cops? Even with handguns, they shot up the area
and killed two bystanders in New York and only wounded the suspect.
Admitted the black section of society brings on lots of the fear
themselves. All the rap songs glorifying killing police. And the fact
they are shooting each other with gusto. But even whites are getting shot
by the cops. Pretty much out of control enforcement arm of a government
out of control. Locally they are on the 3 or 4th chief of police because
of scandals in a 4 week period. Been goin on for awhile. Rodney King was
no paragon of virtue, but why was not every cop there fired? They did stop
an out of control officer, kicking a guy on the ground? Anybody without a
badge would have spent felony time.

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 15:52:21 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 7/8/16 3:46 PM, True North wrote:

"In Dallas the police decided they were not willing to risk a dog to
flush out the shooter so they attached an anti-personel device to a
robot and sent it in.
On one hand, I think it was an innovative way to kill a guy who needed
killing but, is that a dangerous precedent?
Will Hellfire missiles on helicopters or drones be next?"

I think in a situation like this you use whatever you have at your disposal to save further police, civilian or even a police dogs life. This was as highly motivated killer.

There are a couple of morons in this newsgroup who have stated they
would use their firearms to "defend themselves" from armed government
officials at their door.

Cite? Or more Krausesheizze? You're quite good at making up bull****.

Electric outboards Bob S Boat Building 15 July 30th 06 04:20 PM
Electric Head Leonard Cruising 11 May 7th 06 05:46 PM
electric blankets richard Cruising 24 February 12th 06 10:53 PM
Electric winch bit SAIL LOCO ASA 6 December 3rd 03 04:09 PM
Electric Propulsion Paul Squire Boat Building 19 September 18th 03 10:43 PM