Default Teddy Roosevelt and the Donald

On 2/28/16 8:23 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Was just reading something I found interesting written back in 2002.
It's an article comparing two "larger than life" US Presidents .. Teddy
Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy in terms of their respective personalities
and styles.

What caught my attention are the similarities of personalities, style
and egos of Roosevelt and Donald Trump. Both were/are all about
"themselves" and their achievements. Both are regarded as political
"mavericks". Both gave/give speeches that are long on rhetoric and
short on substance. Roosevelt, after serving his time in office, became
disgusted with the direction his hand-picked successor (Taft) took and
tried to regain the White House running as a third party (Bull Moose
Party). His attempt failed but his division of votes with the
Republican Party handed the White House to the Democrats.

Yet, Teddy Roosevelt ranks in the top ten of "best" Presidents among
political scientists according to a 2015 poll administered by the
American Political Science Association.

Is the Donald being sold short?

Excuse me while I puke.
Senior Member

Location: Michigan

I seem to remember the New Black Panthers supporting Obama in 2008. They even had members at many polling places sporting billy clubs. The dems did not seem to get all worked up over that.

I guess it somehow slipped off their radar.

No candidate has any control over who may or may not endorse them.

The KKK endorsing Trump is no more meaningful than the New Black Panthers supporting Obama.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club